“Beautiful Stay - Budget Hotel”
Review of City View

City View
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shimla
City View
Ranked #75 of 116 Hotels in Shimla
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at City View Hotel , US Club Gate, Daizy Bank Estate, The Mall, Dist. Solan, Shimla - 171002, Himachal Pradesh for 2 Nights . Owner ( 094183 76611 , 0177 2811666 ) and staffs are very friendly and always in their toes to help you . We have taken 5 rooms . Rooms are spacious . Foods are delicious . The hotel is around 6/7 mints walk from the Mall and the stunning scenery from the balcony is value for money . Beware of Monkeys . Please always keep the door and windows closed .

Room Tip: Rooms on the road side with balcony are good
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Baps58

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I met 2 touts at top of lift as I was heading to YMCA. They described their hotel (City View) then took me to YMCA, asking me to compare the two which I did. Hence I settled for City View and so glad I did.
Yes the two guys are from Kashmir and are SO genuinely nice. They are NOT AT ALL pushy. In fact one of the guys (Arif) was my guide on one of the walks. Arif also has his own trekking business, offering amazing value and fun loaded trips to Kashmir. Do take a look at what he offers. The other guy Shabir is equally as nice and genuinely friendly.
The hotel is a bit of a walk up hill, but the stunning scenery makes it so worth while.
Their food is absolutely delicious. I sat on the balcony every morning for breakfast, and spent most afternoons there reading and admiring the scenery.
ALL of the staff are so polite, friendly and obliging.
They provide excellent service.
The rooms are adequate with plenty of hot water and heater available if needed (250rs).
Don't leave the unsecured windows or your door open as the monkeys will sneak in and steal what they can but don't let this deter you from staying here.
I paid 700rs per night in room 2 up the top with heaps of windows, amazing views and balcony.
I'm sad to be leaving after an enjoyable 5 days.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Lyn,Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The nice balcony at the top, with the great view, would be better if you could enjoy it in silence and without the two kashmiris that will push you till the end to go trekking with them. Wich, if you dont do, youll become the opposite if their friend...
Apart from that is ok

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Lavash1
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I went to Shimla with 3 of my friends and was a pleasant stay with City View near to the ridge and flexible enough to meet your requirements and pocket. Allowed to accommodate 4 of us in 1 room at no extra cost and charging only 700rs/nite. Nice budget hotel and I loved the food.. Gobhi paranthas in breakfast and mix veg and dal makhni in dinner... I liked and would recommend for bachelors or family stay for budget hotels, not for couples. And only opt for front rooms, you may find bad odour in the backside rooms.

Room Tip: Only Front rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank babbar_86
Reviewed September 20, 2011

other people have better experiences than I did here, I stayed in room 2 and it was filthy, I didnt want to walk barefoot here, and the bedclothes and bathroom were in a pretty bad state.
In fairness, the staff were very helpful except the tout who was determined to send me to Srinagar, and incorrectly told me the Manali to Leh road was closed.

Room Tip: avoid room 2
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Neil E
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stay here with my husband and douther, for 2 nights in September 8.2010
(500 rp-for night)
The hotel is small. Nice clean rooms. With all the facilities.A/C, T.V and a balcony with great view.
The location is great. few minutes walking to the ridge and mall.
The staff is very nice.
To get there you have to take the lift up the hill.
It is better to get a porter near the lift (100 rp). beside caring staff, they lead you directly to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank toviiiii
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I was Staying in City View for Two days. It is situated just 100 m from Mall Road which is the best thing. Room was clean. Staff is good. Bargain first before booking.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business