“Home Away from Home”
other travelers have booked this property
The Living Room/ Dining area
View from the window
Another bedroom
Luxurious Full Bathroom
The All wooden staircase
Eastern view from cottage in March
Frontal view from windows
Sunset view from Cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

tarun1660
New Delhi, India
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed April 14, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

In the month of Feb 2015 me and my friends wanted to travel to some hill station for a short break but were not interested in any commercial hill station and then someone suggested this place tranquillity in the Himalayas in Shilonbagh, so we decided to visit this place. We reached the property around afternoon and were absolutely spell bound by the location of the property. It was absolutely mystical as the property was way beyond our expectations. Rooms were very well appointed and as u step out of the rooms it was just simply magical as you were in the clouds. The rustic architecture of the cottage is simply awesome. The food is great and the feeling is you are staying at a home in the clouds. Have already planned to visit again very soon and would highly recommend it to all my friends.

Traveling group: Friends
Apr 16, 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are extremely happy that your stay was memorable. We do hope you will visit us again soon
NatarajKh...
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Everything a holiday should be!”
Reviewed April 14, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Drove up from Delhi with two other couples and we were completely blown away by the location, the beauty surrounding the house and the hospitality. For those looking for a spa for your mind and eyes, this is it! Wonderful, comfortable, beautiful... High on my do again list.

Traveling group: Friends
Apr 16, 2015
So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
TravelFor...
Hyderabad, India
“A warm experience!”
Reviewed April 8, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

TITH is a quaint little unassuming resort tucked away from the mainstream for an ideal tranquil holiday. Although I was there with two other artists for work, it was still a relaxing stay. It's located in a village called Shilonbagh, approx 27kms away from the hustle and bustle of Shimla city, still falling under Shimla Tehsil. The views and scenery this place offers you are breathtaking. Don't go their with work on hand as the place is more suited to connect with nature and within than with the outer world. The staff is nice and friendly. The cook aunty cooks such delicious food that you'll end up over eating every time and the caretaker makes you fresh kebabs outside which is a treat. The only part which confused me was my last day when the owner asked me to stay out of my room from morning itself when I had a booking till evening that day. I think it doesn't look nice to ask one guest to put out because there are other guests coming in. the timings of arrival should be adjusted accordingly. Apart from that, I had a lovely stay at TITH and have some memories to cherish forever.

Traveling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Apr 9, 2015
Hi Unika, Thanks for your kind review; we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay and created some wonderful memories.I am also happy that we had the opportunity to meet with you personally and get your foot injury seen to by a doctor (with our compliments). We would however like to clear the air about your checking out. Firstly, you extended your stay from 21 days to 23 days, (but we only charged you for 22 days' stay). Since we had a party of 8 guests arriving on the day you were leaving, we naturally had to get the cottage cleaned. Even though checkout time is 11am, we permitted you the use of your room till 4pm, and accommodated you thereafter, in the annexe bedroom till 7:30pm. Very few, if any establishments would offer you such personalized service. Lastly, as we write this, we are still awaiting our balance payment, and that too with a smile!!!!
karanbha
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Pure tranquility”
Reviewed April 8, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Outstanding location. Very comfortable. A home in the clouds! Stay here to experience the charm of the hills and the warmth of your home.

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Apr 8, 2015
Thank you and we look forward to your visit to the cottage once again.
TimJ2380
“Couldn't be happier.”
Reviewed April 8, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Me and a group of 4 friends stayed here for 5 days earlier this year. We had originally planned to stay only 2 days but extended our stay when we discovered how spectacular it is. We were recommended this place by a friend who has also stayed in multiple occasions.

Overall we couldn't have been happier. Great food, superb survice and friendly and helpful staff made this the highlight of our stay in India. The views are spectacular (even better than the profile photos) and we were really able to relax and escape from the hustle and bustle of India. The rooms and bathrooms were extremely clean and we ate the best food of our whole trip (the staff are more than happy to help prepare meals whenever they are asked). 100% recommend this place to anyone looking for a place near shimla.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Apr 10, 2015
Thank you for your kind words, maybe see you there again on another biking expedition!!
doclisa
Ballarat, Australia
“No Tranquility”
Reviewed April 3, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I am an artist from Australia. We stayed with a group who told us this was in Shimla. I looked it up and the owners also claim it to be Shimla. It is a $50 aud ++ trip to Shimla. It is an isolated building site. The house is not finished. The entire time we have been ehre they have hammered and banged, filled the house with dust, and made everything filthy.
There is no transport here. The only TV that works with cable is in the main lounge room, where the caretaker hangs out all day watching indian movies.
We had to leave for 4 days to get some peace. The owners came and entered my room, moving things and leaving a dead smelly refrigorator in my room. which leaked smelly water everywhere. I have had to hand wash every thing as it stinks. My bathroom, toilet etc has not been cleaned the whole time I am here. The only saving grace of this dirty place is aunties cooking which is wonderful. But if she is away then we get maggie noodles. I am leaving early. I think the owners should refund part of the rent or cover the costs assocated with the days we spent away due to the noise of their building site. Dont stay here.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: aunites cooking
Liked least: it is a building site not a home as advertised
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 5, 2015
Hi Lisa,
Carpe Diem, an artist workshop company,approached us to hire our cottage for a 21 day workshop. At no point did we indicate to them that the cottage was located in Shimla, as they were clear that they wanted to conduct the workshop away from the hustle and bustle of the city in a rural setting with magnificent mountain views. Surely this must have been conveyed to you by them, as we had no direct contact.Further, the programme manager from Carpe Diem,Ms Unika Prusty, a fellow resident with you, was to arrange all meals and other hospitality services. We have just spoke to her, and she confirms that no issues regarding meals or cleanliness were raised with her during the 21 day workshop. While there was a small amount of construction activity, it was stopped as soon as Ms Prusty indicated it was disturbing the guests. This was for one and a half days in your 21 day stay. Cable TV is available and functionning in all the rooms. All guests are welcome to choose the channel of their choice. It has always been our endeavour to provide our guests a wonderful mountain experience as can be seen from the other reviews.
Prajan201...
Pune, Maharashtra, India
“True and humble”
Reviewed January 11, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

The stay along with my wife and extended family was marvellous. My wife has already described everything about our stay. But I want also to share one very important incident my wife lost her bag containing cash, debit and credit cards, pan card and two mobile cell in Kufri on 26th Dec. we lost all the hopes in getting back the bag. To our surprise we got a call from Mr. Babu ram a horse rider from Kufri on 10th Jan informing that he has got my bag. As I am from Pune it was very difficult for me to get in touch with babu ram. At this difficult moment the owner of Transquility Mr. Raja Sharma came forward to help us without thinking for a moment. He and his care taker Mr. Naushad traced Baburam and found my bag. Through this review I would like to thank Baburam, Mr. Raja and Naushad from the bottom of my heart. Baburam had not touched a single penny from the bag. Where will you find such people in today's world? Next time I would like to visit Shimla just to meet these three proud Indians.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Apr 8, 2015
It is indeed very kind of you. We only felt that it was our duty yto restore to you what you had taken for lost. We look forward to your visit to our cottage once again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing