“Its value for money”

Hotel Surya
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Shimla
“Its value for money”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Its a value for money hotel. Rooms were good but the bathroom was not good. Bathroom was small and as there is no ventilation in the bathroom so it does not give a fresh feeling. Food is good and the service is also very good.
Its situated very near to Bus stand so the location is also very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
, Manager at Hotel Surya, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Akshya
Greetings form Hotel Surya Shimla.....

Thanks for visiting us. We also very much thankful for your review. Now renovation has been completed. Next time when ever you and your family will visit us you will find all things in proper manner. As you appreciated our food quality, room and services we thankful to you for this.

Visit us again.

Hotel Surya Shimla.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed January 9, 2014

HIGHLY UNRELIABLE.
If you are looking for a stress free stay in shimla (and have a family with you), DO NOT BOOK this hotel. They are extremely unreliable. Or probably their collaboration with Expedia is fatal.

I booked this hotel through Expedia for New Year (12/30, 12/31), received confirmation SMS and email as well. When I reached hotel on 30th night, they denied my reservation and instead gave me an option for almost double the price and that too for 12/30 only. Only at that point I realized I should have called hotel as well to confirm my booking. (Though I've never done this when ever I've booked through Expedia in at least 4 different countries and it has always worked very well)

I had to speak to expedia for at the least 2 hours only to listen to their apologies. They could not get me an accommodation even when I told them about Hotel's offer to me. Expedia kept on telling me that they are not able to talk to hotel. More over I was told that if I go with Hotel's offer on my own, they do not ensure refund of my money.

My family had to suffer the very cold 4-5 hours (they were sitting in lobby which is right at the main entrance, doors to which are never properly shut) and I was just looking for an accommodation which was very hard to find as it was a great rush time of new year in Shimla.
Some how, by11:00 PM, I managed to get an accommodation with the help of a taxi driver for that night.

Worst experience ever. It scares me what would have happened if I could not get the taxi driver who helped us. We were stranded without accommodation in Shimla at 23rd hour because of their way of business.

Room Tip: "DO NOT BOOK THIS ONE ONLINE (if happen to book at all)"
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alchemist321
Dear Sir
Thanks for selecting Hotel Surya Shimla for your vacation. As you are saying that you have booked Hotel through our travel partner. They are trusted travel partner with us since a very long time. Your booking was in season dates (New Year Celebration). There may be any kind of miss communication. There is process of booking confirmation. Till the time we don't receive confirmation mail and confirmation no from Travel Partner we can not allow guest to check in. As we are Hotelier and we are here to offer you our services. There is no question of refuse. As you have mentioned that you have to wait for some Hrs we apologies for that.

Your feedback is very valuable for us. We will try to make reservation process more accurate.

Thanks for writing us.
Give us chance to apologies. Visit us .

Hotel Surya Shimla.

Travelers are raving about these Shimla hotels

Shimla, India
Reviewed January 5, 2014

It's the worst hotel ever I have gone to . 3rd class service, 3rd class staff, food and rest everything is also so bad that u will curse yourself that why u booked this hotel. I request u to please choose another hotel

Room Tip: Choose hotel next to it
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
, Manager at Hotel Surya, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Sir

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Had an amazing time at hotel surya. We booked 2 luxury rooms for 3 nights and truly enjoyed our stay here.On arrival we were greeted very well by the owner Mr karan.lobby was decent.
Rooms were very good and the food was awesome and not that expensive overall we had a great time will definatly visit again.

Room Tip: Take room in the new wing.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Surya, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Mr Abhi
Greetings of the day.......................

Thanks for writing us. Your feedback is valuable for us. It will help traveller to select comfort stay for their families and friends.

We welcome you in advance for your next visit.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We checked in on 2nd week of December,2013. It is a new property clean and good rooms. breakfast was good. Hotel is quite close to the mall road.we did not experience any stinky smell in the rooms. I don't know what was wrong with staff but they were very arrogant and stupid.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
, Manager at Hotel Surya, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Mayank
Greetings of the day..........................

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your feedback will help us more to improve our services. As you have mentioned about behaviour of staff we will take care of this things. Our staff is friendly and willing to serve from bottom of the heart. If you faced any problem then on the behalf of Surya Family i apologies.

Thanks for your stay with us and valuable feedback.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We have booked 1 room in December 2011. Cleanliness was average,I found that All the rooms in the hotel's has a permanent stinking problem which is due to old sewage pipes. Hotel restaurant was average. Staff was not very friendly and Hospitality was average. Staff even do not hesitate to ask the tip directly.
Only good thing is the hotel lift which opens up at the Ridge area.

While doing the internet booking due to some technical problem i have paid the booking amount twice but after confirming from the bank and payment gateway I have asked the owner to refund my amount but the behavior and response of Hotel owner/caretaker was very rude and he refused to acknowledge the extra payment. I have forgotten the payment but those bitter memories are still clear.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ajay
Greetings form Hotel Surya Shimla.........

Thanks for your visit. We are much thankful to you for you feedback.
1) Thanks for conveying that Hotel is very much approachable to Mall Road.
2) As you have mentioned that there was issue related to your payment: I would like to say that if payment is being deducted twice then it will be automatically credited in you account. If not then please contact us again.
3)At the time when you visited the hotel , renovation was going on. Now we have completed the renovation. In your next visit you will not find any problem related to room service, its amenities and wi-fi. (For new pictures please visit our website. )
4) For staff behaviour we apologies. We will take care of this thing more. I accept some time it happens.

We again thanks you for writing us.

We make sure that on your next visit you will get best services.

Thanks N Regards
Delhi
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had booked 2 Rooms for 2 Nights in Hotel Surya.
Hotel Rooms was clean with some facilities.
Near form the Ridge,Mall Road and Railway Station.
The Staff of the hotel was good and firendly.
Overall the hotel was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Mr. Amit
Greetings from Hotel Surya Shimla..............................

Thanks for writing us.
Your feedback is valuable for us and our guests.