“A family like stay”
Review of Vardaan Home Stay

Vardaan Home Stay
Ranked #12 of 165 Specialty Lodging in Shimla
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited vardaan on 11/08/2013 with my sons and stayed for two days.It became very convenient to visit shimla,chota shimla and sanjauli in a day.The owner family is very cordial and accommodating.Food served is according to guest's choice.Parkash the receptionist and kitchen incharge is very courteous.During our stay we went to shoghi market nearby and tasted chinese food as well as indian sweets at halwai shop.We even visited shoghi railway station with a toy train going to kalka.Our trip was a memorable experience. I wish to visit again in near future.

Room Tip: sunset from my room was superb
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TRIVENDRAPAULSINGH
Raja_09, Owner at Vardaan Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Mr Singh,

Thanks for taking time for review. We are elated that you and family enjoyed your stay in our premises. It's in fact always a great pleasure to host highly accommodating people like you. We all look forward to hosting you and family many times over.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hi All,

We stayed in this home stay for 2 nights and stay was just superb.In that 2 day trip we were able to cover shogi//shimla//sanjauli. The owner of the home stay were very helpful and accommodating.
The locale is just perfect on NH22. Food served was delicious and like home. I would like to visit this place again in December to enjoy snowfall. The USP of the home stay is that Shimla is to crowded and parking problem persist a lot. Hence this place is best to stay as you can navigate other places easily.Also the kitchen in-charge Prakash was very courteous and made our stay comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank simarpreetsingh
Raja_09, Owner at Vardaan Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the time to write a review. It was a great pleasure to host you and we look forward to hosting you many times in future. We will definitely inform you when there is a snowfall in our place as requested by you.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Vardaan Home Stay, situated less than a kilometer away from the main Shoghi Bazaar offers a home-away-from-home experience. I recently spent 3 nights and 4 days at the hotel that offers a panoramic view of the Himalayas from wide glass windows. I was looking for a tranquil solo holiday, away from the din and bustle of the city and I was happy that I chose Vardaan. Enjoying my leisurely strolls on the deserted roads above the hotel, filling my lungs with cool mountain air, sipping hot cups of tea, it was really an unforgettable experience. Prakash, the courteous kitchen in-charge took every care to make my stay comfortable. Looking forward to many more stays at Vardaan. Kudos!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 267Kaushik
Raja_09, Owner at Vardaan Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear guest,

Thanks for your review. We are really glad to know that you enjoyed the stay in our premises and also liked the serene surroundings. Your happiness with service was also conveyed to our service in charge Prakash who is elated.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Vardaan at Shoghi was a simple and basic homestay. The view from there is beautiful with the lights of Shimla visible across the valley at night. The food provided too was excellent. The only problem was that there was a road behind the property and a road at the bottom of it as well so at times I felt that our privacy was compromised. Also to use the bathrooms in the family suite upstairs one has to cross the terrace which is open to rain and passer-bys looking in so it was quite inconvenient at night. The upstairs loft in the family suite did not have any curtains and the windows did not have a screen. We had to keep them closed because of mosquitoes, which resulted in it being stuffy during the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kermincolaco

Dear guest,

Thanks for the review. You will be happy to know that we have started the work on enclosed bathroom for family suite based on yours as well as other guests' feedback. Secondly, the attic (loaf) in the family suite doesn't have curtains as the glasses are reflective ones and no one from outside can get view of inside - this was explained to during your stay too and you had expressed your satisfaction over this.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Hotel has a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere.staff is very courteous and helpful . Food quality is good , they had a lavish spread for breakfast, for room service thee is not much on the menu for vegetarians ,specially for starters .location of the hotel is excellent On the whole it was nice and comfortable stay and a good value for money,

The place is really nice. Worth staying at this place. The view is really pleasant . it's a very peaceful place. It is really safe for family. You will have a homely feeling. The rooms are very comfortable, 24 hours hot water, LCD TV with cable, spacious cupboard and rooms with colour combination. I would suggest it's a really good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ra_prs
Raja_09, Owner at Vardaan Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Great to know that you enjoyed your stay in our premises. Rest assured our USP of providing homely comfort to our guests will remain intact and we will try to exceed your expectations when you choose to visit us next.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Shogi is an ideal place to stay due to its calm surroundings and proximity to Shimla. Vardaan Homestay is next to the highway and easy to locate. The view from the balcony is excellent and the hosts are warm and hospitable. The stay facilities are comfortable with only the aspect of toilets & ventilation that have scope of improvement. The food is delicious and homely and the homestay is spacious for a largish family trip. My special mention to their staff who were on their toes all the while and went an extra mile to making us feel comfortable and at home! Overall I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Pavas B
Raja_09, Owner at Vardaan Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review and suggestions for improvement. We are happy that you and family enjoyed your stay. We have conveyed your happiness with prompt service to Prakash, our staff in charge who is elated. You will also be happy to know that we have fixed minor issues regarding window panes in bathroom that you had pointed out during your stay.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Name : vardhaan home stay. Approx 1km from shoghi main market
Visit duration : 9th-10th april 2013
Location : Shoghi ie 10-12kms before eaching Shimla.
Reason to stay in shoghi : Shimla is too crowded, car parking is a major problem.
Reason to stay in Vardaan home stay : It is "ON" the main shimla highway(NH22).
Will stay in this place again : YES, YES, YES. highly recommended !!!!

This place was NOT on my list to stay in Shimla because the Tripadvisor rating of Vardaan homestay is not even in top10 !!!
I was just passgin through the highway slowly (looking for hotel/homestays board). Suddenly I saw the board above the highway as "Vardaan Homestay"
I called up and the price quoted to me was INR1500 per double rooms. I told my budget is INR1000.
The owner immediately confirmed INR1000 per room is fine as it is off-season.

Like :
- Away from crowded Shimla, but on the main NH22, so no connectivity issues.Nearby pizzeria, eating joints.
- Neat & clean rooms with geysor(for hot water).
- Rooms are like normal home rooms, not luxury ones. It is best compared to the room rent.
- The family suite was very cute !!!
- It has a playing room for children which my 3yr kid enoyed like anything while indoor.
- Very-very new property(2nd season running), that is why not many people stayed here and/or did not write reviews on tripadvisor.
- 2 days for 5 adults, total cost was INR6000 (lunch/dinner INR100 per person, breakfast INR50/person & packed lunch included)

Attitude :
- Host was excellent. very soft spoken, very responsive, very helpful for any query.
- We had extra person in the room but no extra amount was charged.
- I felt the host was not running behind your money. She even charged less on the foods while we were checking out.
- Got everything that was required for the 3yr kid - milk with bourvita, maggie in odd time , nice playing area & lots of stuffs.

FOOD_FOOD_FOOD:
- The host is an EXCELLENT cook. She prepared whatever we ordered.Never thought veg food can be that tasty.
- I am a hardcore non-veg but I really liked the food (albeit veg/egg) very much.
- Only "veg/egg" homecooked food is served at the homestay BUT there is a separate stove & utensils available so feel free to cook your own non-veg if you want..
- Parathas.... the best I ever had !!!

DONT LIKE :
- The rating of vardaan homestay is very lower. It can be in top 5 !!!!
- Whoever stayed here,, please write review for this place !!!! It is helpfull for all of us.
- I have spring mattress at home. I missed that :) But no complaints with the price I paid !!!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with kid, opt for the "family suite". It is too cute !!!! It is on...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Raja_09, Owner at Vardaan Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your time for sharing your experience in our premises. It indeed is humbling to know how much you liked your stay. We will definitely try to stay consistent, make more improvements and hopefully exceed your expectations when you visit us again.