We just got back after a 4N/5D stay at the Oberoi Cecil. This hotel is all about taking the word 'awesome' to the next level of superlativeness.
Our original plan was to stay at the Wildflower hall. But, the location of the hotel does not permit children below the ago of 12 to stay at that property. As a result, we landed up making reservations at the Cecil.
I am not going to rant much about the features of this is hotel. Hotel websites do a good job of that. Basically it had everything that most five star hotels have. Add to it a brilliant property in a very good location and an old world charm. What really sets this hotel apart was the personal care and attention and quality of staff and service. I was travelling with my 22 month old son. Some examples of how well he was taken care of
1. The hotel has a large activity rooms for kids of all ages including adults. Starting from doll houses, stuffed toys, board games, video game machines (without any need for coins), game consoles, pool table and much more. My son pretty much wanted to spend the entire day in this room.
2. We wanted to take a walk to the nearby mall road. But our son would refuse to walk. The concierge had a couple of strollers thereby solving our problem.
3. The staff at the restaurant paid great personal care and attention to all his food related requirements. The quality of food was pretty good.
In addition the hotel also has a indoor heated pool and jacuzzi offering superb views of the surrounding mountains. Mid December seems to be a low season as result of which the crowds were pretty lean. That proved to be an icing on the cake.
I really couldnt locate any negatives in this property. I would have preferred free wifi in the public areas (lobby, lounge..). In addition, the bathroom felt like a standard business hotel. Nothing luxurious about it.
Overall, this is a splendid property to stay in with out of the world service. I eagerly look forward to our next visit to The Oberoi Cecil.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in Shimla, the gateway to the majestic Himalayas. Downtown Hotel with Colonial styling, 1 km from Shimla Station & 22 km from Jubalhatti-Shimla Airport. The Hotel is situated at the quite end of the famous Mall and is an ideal base from which to discover the unique beauty of the spectacular Himalayan ranges, Cedar forests and ancient monasteries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oberoi Cecil - Shimla Hotel Shimla
- Oberoi Shimla
- Shimla Oberoi