I utilized the coupons to Visit Shimla at the Woodville Palace.
While the property has a lot of history, and glamour as the Erstwhile Royals are still in residence, the state of upkeep of the property leaves a lot to be desired.
The size of the rooms is understandably the typical Hill size. Some aspects of service leave a lot to be desired.
1. At check in the Desk Staff was disappointed that we came with Card Vouchers, as they would be paid much later. I explained to them it was not a "free Junket" as I have spent a lot of money to earn these rewards.
2. The Bedrooms had no Pillow Covers or Towels at Check in. The same had to be demanded.
3. The cleanliness of the Bathrooms left a lot to be desired. The Pots were Dirty as were the walls in the corners.
What was excellent was the food at the Restaurant as well as the Garden Restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodville Palace houses 31 rooms, inclusive of the royal cottage and royal suite, which have been tastefully decorated into theme rooms. In the tradition of most heritage hotels, no two rooms are alike in decor and yet they offer that same high quality service and comfort to the guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your WelcomHeritage Woodville Palace Shimla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodville Palace Shimla
- Woodville Palace Hotel Shimla