See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2017

The only good thing about this hotel is the location and everything else did not work out for me. WiFi service inside the room was terrible, the room was little dam as they gave our room in the ground floor and it was a noisy place. It was very difficult to find the hotel's entrance from the main road as no signage was there. When asked the manager about WiFI problem, he just answared that it will be bad inside the room, better use wifi in the lobby !!!! I'll upload the picture of the TV of the room, almost forgot such TV exists and remote control was in way more bad shape. I have asked them to provide a check out receipt for me as sometimes required at border immigration, first they said my voucher should do that work, but when i explained that voucher confirms my booking not my stay in the hotel. then the manager promised to send me my check out confirmation by email and they forwarded the copy of the same booking voucher. A frustrating customer service !!!! In my last trip i have stayed in five different hotels in different locations of India but this was gave me a very bad feeling.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank andolon
Reviewed June 21, 2017

This is good hotel in Shimla near Auckland Tunnel, It is very easy to reach hotel, Nice food, Closer to road so easy to reach hotel. Parking for your own vehicle not available so difficult to search parking in late night if you reach.

Room Tip: Good to stay for small family like 2+1
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

Hotel location is good, just near the auckland tunnel. We can reach mall road via stairs which is just near the hotel, though climbing stairs and sleep road is bit tiring.
Hotel rooms are good, with clean & spacious bathroom. We stayed in super deluxe with valley view. Though there is no balcony, we can have the view from the large windows of the room.
Staffs are good.
Dining area (restaurant) is also good, and they serve tasty food as well (some pics attached).
We also spoke to the travel desk regarding tour of city, though later we hired taxi on our own & didn't take hotel service in this regard.
Our 2 days stay was a pleasant one.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2017

Rooms are well maintained; Location is very near to all important spots. But room provided was in the basement. Rooms should be located on upper floors to have a good view. Food was nice. Staff are cooperative and helpful. They charge extra bucks (300 INR) for room heater per day which I didn't like; because, in a place like Shimla, room heater should be provided as a complimentary facility.

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed November 6, 2016

Yes , you read that right . We were probably on a spree of making wrong decisions in Shimla and this was one of them .
The only reason we booked this hotel was coz we got a steal deal on GoIbibo which was the most used travel app through our journey .

Rooms : We were provided two deluxe rooms which had windows but the view was blocked by another building . The rooms provided to us were in the basement of the hotel . The rooms as well as the bathrooms were clean & hygienic apart from the fact that someone else' underwear was left behind and nobody had taken it out from the bathroom in one of our rooms .

Service : There was an intercom available in the room from which we tried to call the room service and reception at least fifty times , all our calls went unanswered and we ultimately to climb two floors if we wanted to order anything . The staff was courteous but the service was too slow .

Food : Not wanting to take a risk , we decided to order some snacks to go along with our drinks . We called for a Peanut Masala & French Fries , the fries were nice and crispy but too oily . The peanut masala was too soggy . Thanked our stars for not having ordered proper food . Also , snacks are only served in the hotel till 7PM after which you will only get main course . So in case you're a group of friends planning to drink till late in the night , you can get it packed from restaurants at Mall Road .

Again , this might be a hotel fit for friends or solo travelers / backpackers but cannot be recommended to families . Families might want to shell out a bit extra and book Hotel Surya , which comes at a slightly higher rate but has much better rooms . We saw the rooms but thought of settling for something less expensive as we had a budget to abide by .

Room Tip: Do not go for rooms in the basement area.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends