“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Blossom Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shimla
Blossom Hotel
Ranked #49 of 112 Hotels in Shimla
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great Hotel to stay. Its located before the main city and away from the traffic of Shimla. The food is really good. Of all the places we ate in Shimla, the hotel had one of the best food. Breakfast is limited but food on order is really good. Staff is courteous and friendly.

Recommended !!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a balcony. Its shared with other rooms but the view is great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank punsgaur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I checked a few hotels before making this trip, but booked none. I come upon this hotel by chance on arriving at Shimla. It's a beautiful property with very good rooms which are large and well furnished. The linen is clean and the bathrooms are well equipped, large and clean. But the huge plus is the Barandah which can be accessed from the rooms (the back side rooms) and give a breathtaking view of the town, the valley below, the Sankat mochan tample and the faw away snow capped mountains in the far horizon, The varandah is wide and long, and one can have breakfast, lunch or dinner here (depending on weather). There is also a front lawn where children can play. The food is good and the manu has got variety, the the stuff is friendly. underside is, it is a little far from mall road, but all good properties are far from mall road in Shimla. The television in the rooms are old fashioned boxes, and there is no set top box connection, but cable only. Overall, it was a very good experience staying in this hotel, and i would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: select back rooms with access to the varandah
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank delhicitizen
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A no frills experience with friendly staff and good food. The Rooms offered a great view of the Simla town and the mountain valley and is worth the stay. Insist on the rooms that open out to the Verandah from the back side. Having our dinner, spread out on the open verandah with chilling climate was an wonderful experience. My kids loved the swing and the valley view while having the morning breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't Expect Super Luxury. Ask for the Rooms that open on to the balcony on the behind.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sumanth_kanisetti
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I came to Shimla from Delhi this year for New Years, and anyone who has traveled in India can tell you that what you get is not always what you expected when it comes it hotels. However, I truly enjoyed my stay at Blossom Hotel. The staff was very nice, courteous, and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was hot and yummy! Their was a bit of confusion about our final bill and the manager was traveling at the time. He felt so bad he called my room is personally apologize, give me 15% off the check-out bill, and invite me to his home in Delhi for dinner! There was also spectacular views from the balcony right outside your room, I got to see a beautiful mountain sunrise.
There was only one downside to the trip. On New Years Eve they had a bonfire party for the guest with a DJ and great food plus alcohol. I had a fabulous time at the party but was a bit annoyed at the staff who kept telling me and my friends that they were concerned with "my drinking". I promise you I had not had that much (at lease not by american standards) and I was surrounded by friends so was in no danger. Also, I believe that during the party one of the other guest got into our room and stole $300U.S. from our room. The staff assures me that no one got in past them, but I am skeptical as their was a lot of people. Although I was a but upset about the money, I got over it quickly, we've all dropped 300 bucks on new years for something or another right? So I just pretended that I bought a very expensive bottle of champagne!
All in all, it was a great stay at this hotel and I highly recommend it, especially for the price!! Just be careful about your money and other valuables.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of the hills so any one is great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kmk06fsu
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked my room through Agoda and they gave us the room which was not worth living. Agoda charged almost double the rates published by the hotel. We are shifted to a better room after paying additional charged of approx Rs 2,000. We develop food poisioning after eating dinner in the hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rajesh V
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here in 3rd week of December. It offers good views of shimla valley with multiple group of mountains overlapping with each-other. Food is gr8, reasonable-priced and they also have cocktails-mocktails menu. Though sometimes they take their time to serve the food but I was satisfied with the quality. Otherwise room-service was decent. We got to stay in suite-rooms,which are very spacious and well-furnished. For people who take their own vehicle, hotel has its own parking, which is a big plus in parking-starved Shimla.
The only one negative, which I felt during my stay, was its distance from Mall-Road which is good 7-8 mins drive or 30 min walk from Mall-Road. They've shut down the shared taxis now. But you can easily find private taxis and himachal roadways buses (very cheap :-) )

Room Tip: We used rooms 104 & 103....they're very spacious and open on a common terrace, where you can...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pawan S
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I visited Blossom hotel in the first week of november for 2 nights and had a pretty good stay out there. The key positives/negatives for the hotel are as follows:

Positives:
1) The service at the hotel stands out. It is a small hotel with limited staff yet the service was impeccable. Room service was super quick
2) The food at this hotel was the best i had in my entire himachal trip.
3) The view from our Suite room was good and we got a pretty good glimpse of the entire city from the hotel
4) Clean rooms and toilets

Negatives:
1) Located outside the city. This can be a positive for some people as the place is less noisy

Visit the hotel if you are looking for a peaceful stay and your budget is moderate.

Room Tip: Suite rooms have a good view and access to the common balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple