“A lovely place!”
Review of Blossom Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shimla
Blossom Hotel
Ranked #59 of 117 Hotels in Shimla
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I came to Shimla from Delhi this year for New Years, and anyone who has traveled in India can tell you that what you get is not always what you expected when it comes it hotels. However, I truly enjoyed my stay at Blossom Hotel. The staff was very nice, courteous, and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was hot and yummy! Their was a bit of confusion about our final bill and the manager was traveling at the time. He felt so bad he called my room is personally apologize, give me 15% off the check-out bill, and invite me to his home in Delhi for dinner! There was also spectacular views from the balcony right outside your room, I got to see a beautiful mountain sunrise.
There was only one downside to the trip. On New Years Eve they had a bonfire party for the guest with a DJ and great food plus alcohol. I had a fabulous time at the party but was a bit annoyed at the staff who kept telling me and my friends that they were concerned with "my drinking". I promise you I had not had that much (at lease not by american standards) and I was surrounded by friends so was in no danger. Also, I believe that during the party one of the other guest got into our room and stole $300U.S. from our room. The staff assures me that no one got in past them, but I am skeptical as their was a lot of people. Although I was a but upset about the money, I got over it quickly, we've all dropped 300 bucks on new years for something or another right? So I just pretended that I bought a very expensive bottle of champagne!
All in all, it was a great stay at this hotel and I highly recommend it, especially for the price!! Just be careful about your money and other valuables.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of the hills so any one is great!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kmk06fsu

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked my room through Agoda and they gave us the room which was not worth living. Agoda charged almost double the rates published by the hotel. We are shifted to a better room after paying additional charged of approx Rs 2,000. We develop food poisioning after eating dinner in the hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rajesh V
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here in 3rd week of December. It offers good views of shimla valley with multiple group of mountains overlapping with each-other. Food is gr8, reasonable-priced and they also have cocktails-mocktails menu. Though sometimes they take their time to serve the food but I was satisfied with the quality. Otherwise room-service was decent. We got to stay in suite-rooms,which are very spacious and well-furnished. For people who take their own vehicle, hotel has its own parking, which is a big plus in parking-starved Shimla.
The only one negative, which I felt during my stay, was its distance from Mall-Road which is good 7-8 mins drive or 30 min walk from Mall-Road. They've shut down the shared taxis now. But you can easily find private taxis and himachal roadways buses (very cheap :-) )

Room Tip: We used rooms 104 & 103....they're very spacious and open on a common terrace, where you can...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pawan S
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I visited Blossom hotel in the first week of november for 2 nights and had a pretty good stay out there. The key positives/negatives for the hotel are as follows:

Positives:
1) The service at the hotel stands out. It is a small hotel with limited staff yet the service was impeccable. Room service was super quick
2) The food at this hotel was the best i had in my entire himachal trip.
3) The view from our Suite room was good and we got a pretty good glimpse of the entire city from the hotel
4) Clean rooms and toilets

Negatives:
1) Located outside the city. This can be a positive for some people as the place is less noisy

Visit the hotel if you are looking for a peaceful stay and your budget is moderate.

Room Tip: Suite rooms have a good view and access to the common balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keyur_12
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed for 3 days in april 2012. Food was excellent..... Service and hotel staff was also good. The location of hotel and view from the common gallery was very beauty full. Suite room is specious as they shown, also having big gallery and excellent view....We had a excellent stay and our honeymoon was made memorable..... I would like to visit again and again to Hotel Blossom...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maheshpritam
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I checked the reviews here but was dismally disapointed to find that the rooms were in bad shape. We had planned for 3 nights but checked out the very next day. Two sides to a coin..the room we stayed in was spacious but was not congenial as there was a large patch of seepage on the ceiling..and to add to it it was not even scraped. The bathroom also had the same problem and not tastefully done. The flip side..great view and good food. But altogether not worth it.

Room Tip: Dont pre book
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The property is nice with a beautiful garden overlooking a valley. Yes, the location is really nice, but if you're planning on going to Mall Road you'll need to walk for about 30 minutes near scary Himachal road traffic. The hotel's services are pretty expensive, we opted for outside tour guides and saved money. The room (Suite) was spacious and the bed was comfortable and clean, but the carpets and sofa looked dirty. The bathroom was also not good- toilet took a long time to flush and the shower drain was backed up. Also, the food was NOT good. We both got sick from it every time we ate and we suspect that most of the food was old and heated up in a microwave. Bottom line: nice location, but nothing more!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple