“Charged 3718/- Pathetic service”
Review of Victory Hotel

Victory Hotel
Ranked #65 of 117 Hotels in Shimla
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I took this hotel because it was close to Mall and looked neat. But to my horror, the quite and calm peace what was on my mid turned out to be nightmare. The hotel is right at the road junction and the noise level through out the night is unbearable. Staff behaved bad and was not ready to lift the baggage. Food useless and Taxes enormous. the management could only explain by saying that being peak season, everyone(Staff) is tired.

Room Tip: Please select a Hotel away from main roads and do not trust the agents.
2  Thank RSK111

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We booked this hotel from Cleartrip, and we really enjoyed staying there. The most beneficial point for this hotel is it's distance from the Mall Road. The staffs were too helpful and the hotel was clean and the food was also good. Only thing which we did not liked is the Kheer, which we had in the dinner. As per me, it is the best hotels and I would prefer the same for my next visit to Shimla too. I would also recommend it to my relatives and friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alok V
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is the worst hotel which i have seen in my life.So cheap.Poor management, poor food and cheap staffs.No one should stay in this hotel even at free of cost.I booked from make my trip the most costly room in this hotel for two days i could not stay there for a single night and i left on the next day morning having a loss of one day charge.
CA.UMESH RATHI, GUWAHATI, ASSAM

Reviewed June 10, 2012

There is no parking in this hotel . At the time of booking be careful. i stayed in this hotel from 7-9 JUN 12 . i was searching a hotel with parking in this sight and found hotel victory and booked it at the time of check in hotel staff told me that they have no parking and only 2-3 cars can be parked which is for staff parking only i had to park my car in govt parking. make my trip should correct information of this hotel on web sight . hotel is average but food is very terrible.

Room Tip: rooms toward road side 3 floor and above with very good view of the forest
1  Thank Sachin J
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed at hotel Victory in April'2012 for 2 nights. Its a normal budget hotel in nice location not very far from mall road . Rooms are a little run down though with average food. Sleep quality is poor as we stayed at the 5th floor and the noice of people banging the door is very high. Dont expect much and you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel is located just near Busstand and railway station where the iconic shimla train will complete its journey. Also, the mall which is a shopping big street in shimla is just walkable distance from the hotel.

Even though the hotel is small but not lacking any basic requirements. The staff are nice and helpful. You can have a spectacular ariel view of shimla if you get front room.

Room Tip: Ask for front side room
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marutha
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed in Hotel Victory in the first week of June after shifting from another hotel as we had arrived late in the evening without any prior booking. We had hired a cab from Delhi and I was with my sister and daughter. We liked the rooms of Hotel Victory, especially the wooden panelling in the rooms. We enjoyed two days stay and were more comfortable in Hotel Victory as compared to the hotel which we had stayed earlier at the time of arrival in Shimla. The only problem was parking of the car which we had hired as they had limed parking in the hotel. There was government parking near the hotel where our driver parked the car. The owner of Hotel Victory Mr.Kukreja was very helpful .I would definitely visit Hotel Victory again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family