“Outstanding stay at Kapil Hotel”
Review of Kapil Hotel

Kapil Hotel
Ranked #3 of 113 Hotels in Shimla
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have stayed here with my family for 3 nights and checked out on 19 March 2013. When I am writing this I am not sure where to start but all I can say was the staff, rooms, food and the location were outstanding. I would say that this is the best hotel I have stayed in the last 30 years of travelling. The food was just amazing and before we checked out I went to the kitchen to thank the chefs for creating wonderful dishes on every occasion. Any one visiting Shimla stay at Kapil hotel and you would not want to leave. Raj Dadwal

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Kapil Hotel

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I come to know about this hotel through trip advisor. Its was more than enough to our expectation. Worth spending money.It is located at walkable distance to the mall road and lakkar bazar.
Rooms Service :Perfect
Staff : Polite, Courteous
Food :Delicious
Price: Value for money
Go for it.!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I enjoyed the stay in this hotel. True to the expectations as prescribed. I got to see the hotel what i saw in the internet. Food inside the hotel was good. Travel plans provided by hotel was practical and the suggestions provided by the managers were very helpful and reduced our headache lot. Finally enjoyed a good stay in Shimla.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Small hotel but Excellent place to stay in Shimla.Worth spending money.It is located at walkable distance to the mall road and lakkar bazar The hotel rooms are very fresh and pleasant. Very good room service as well.Completly satisfied.
Before going to Shimla I was worried about hotel , Wheather it will be good or not as I directly booked it online, but once entering into the hotel I feel very happy and satisfied.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hotel Kapil is worth for every single cent you pay. It's a small but clean and nice hotel with friendly staff. This is what i wanted as a traveller because luxury will not make me happy. It was a good 2 night stay in Penthouse which cost me less then rs10000. The view from the balcony was really good where you can see the Himalayans mountain partially. I will certainly recommend this hotel for any family or couples who are travelling on budget. Thanks to thier friendly staff especially Kunal, Prem, Sonu & Rinku. Will come back again. :)

Room Tip: Penthouse with Balcoony is the right choice
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Exploracion
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Hey Guys...1st of all Tripadvisor rocks as they help Travellers in many ways as 1st time i went thru this website read reviews n had gone to Treasure Island resort-Lonavala n this time i was on 14 days tour right from Delhi-Shimla-Manali-Amristsar-Agra,so was not getting time to seat for hours n select proper Hotels by reading every reviews,So this time with little help from My Galaxy S3 we use to select hotel before reaching each destination,So here i came across to Hotel Kapil n just when i opened the Door there was Tripadvisor's last 2 years Best Hotel Award in Shimla n I was sure that Quality-Service n Price will be Perfect for Me n thats what happened as we had taken Family suite n Rooms-Design's n Room service was just amazing,Even price wise it was Rs:3200 per night having 2 rooms with 1 bathroom Family suite.
The Service Man was Superb to Help n make understand their clients if we are confused,He was Really Great(Forgot is name).+ the Biggest Plus Point of Hotel Kapil is they Provide Room Heater(they say Blower)to keep ur room Hot in this Cold season rest all other Hotels we came across in Shimla n Manali had Hand Heater which is Very Bad as We who are not familiar from so much cold gets difficult at night to sleep,So here just paying add Rs:200 we got room heater.
Throughtout our journey my wife n couple friend still Praise Hotel Kapil that it was the Best Hotel in our entire journey.
We had been to Kapil on 23 n 24th Feb 2013.
"Must Go to This Hotel if in Shimla"

Room Tip: "Best in Price-Service n Quality"
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Kapil from 25th to 28th Dec 2012 with my wife on our honeymoon trip. I had booked a Super Deluxe room and I had received prompt and efficient replies to all my mails/queries during the booking process. They clearly mentioned their location (clearly stating that the route to Mall Road involved some uphill walking), what services they can provide and what they don't have (restaurant, power backup).
On 24th Dec, I called to arrange for a pickup from Chandigarh and it was arranged with a hassle-free 2 minute conversation. The pickup went off perfectly and our trip from Chandigarh to Shimla was excellent - made all the more enjoyable by our driver Kamal.
On arrival at Kapil, we were quickly shown to our room 114. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and matched our expectations. Even before we had settled in, we received a complimentary cake as we were on our honeymoon (a fact I had mentioned in passing during the booking process). This attention to detail and customer satisfaction was evident throughout our stay - be it the toiletries provided, the ever smiling and polite staff, the punctuality of room service, our request for Kamal (as our driver for our sightseeing trip and drop to Chail) being honoured, a local Shimla map being provided by the frontdesk (when we decided to take a walk to Mall Road at 7p.m. on the day of our arrival) or a hot water bag provided promptly when we got back to our room after our walks/excursions in the chilly weather.
All in all we could not have asked for anything more. I hope Hotel Kapil continues to provide such star quality service at affordable prices, so that we can go back and relive this memorable experience again!
Thank you to the entire team of Hotel Kapil for making our stay a beautiful experience to cherish!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple