Kapil Hotel
$131
Agoda.com
$60
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe penthouselakkar bazaarcomplimentary droproom servicesmall hotelbudget hotelsuper deluxe roompent housegreen teaelectric blanketshot watervalley facingwelcome drinkreasonable ratesfamily suitewalkable distancethe hotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel Kapil has been, One of the best experience during Shimla trip. The comfort and service provided was best in class. It's the whole package in a compact cozy environment. The Food and service was excellent. Though it's a low frill hotel but you will find every convenience you would ask for. I would strongly recommend Hotel kapil for your next trip to Shimla if you are looking for complete bouquet.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AjayOnTrip
Reviewed January 22, 2013

It was a very pleasent stay at Hotel Kapil.Me and my wife stayed in this hotel for the last week; the hotel staff is really courteous and also caring. The room including the bathrooms are maintained really well and clean. More than excellent.It was worth staying there. And For me it is as good as Shimla. Full value of money.They arrange our trip and addition request as well. also make sure our trip goes well.

Cabbie Rinku was also friendly and helpful in enjoying our vvacation.

Service is really good.
Staff and management team was helping

Room Tip: our room was having Valley facing window... super delux..
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went there on my Honeymoon, last Xmas, Honestly, it was beyond my expectations. We loved to check in the suit, with the cold water and the fresh towels.. Got a fountain Suite with terrace, flowers, cake and Champaign were waiting in the room, everyone was friendly, and very helpful, a small drawback with lifestyle management, there seemed to have some miscommunication between the managers, we sent a list of restaurants that we wanted to visit a week before our arrival, and never heard if they actually made the reservations, and when we asked them when we were in the hotel, the different managers kept asking us for the list again, but nevertheless, the reservations were made, and we got to go and see all the places they helped us with. The valet is beyond great, And when I say they come out of their way , I meant it, there was a small mishap with the laundry service, and we thought there will be an apology, but that wasn't it, our life style manager actually upgraded us to one of the biggest suites the hotel has to offer on the top floors.. it was such a treat, they even packed our clothes, and unpacked everything for us in the Signature Suit.

Last, I would like to say that the service is great for the breakfast, but in all honesty, we would like the food quality on breakfast to become better, not saying it's bad, but we have had better breakfast.

Kapil Hotel you always have a peace of our hearts my wife and I,
Stayed from 23rd-27th of December,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was our honeymoon trip to Shimla and we really enjoyed the beauty of Shimla & it's nearby areas a lot. It was unforgettable memories and the Hotel Kapil played a big role in making such memories without any doubt.
Lovely big room with amazing view of the valley. Room was very clean & nicely decorated. Bathroom was very clean too and had all the necessary toiletries.
Owner Mr. Kunal & his staff were really very helpful and always ready to help. He helped in making early check in possible which gave us approximately whole day at no extra cost. They fulfilled my request to have a cake & bouquet at the time of arrival with ease.
We were given his personal car when our hired car was unable to come at the time.
It was rainy day so they gave us an umbrella too.
Overall it was a lovely lovely place to stay in Shimla and I can recommend this hotel to anyone, specially for a honeymooner- Clean, Beautiful, Safe & easy to access.

Room Tip: Choose room with open view. Do not open the window otherwise monkeys will join you at no extra cost.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stated here for there nights I'm early January. The hotel is excellent value for money. My friend and I stayed in a deluxe room, which meant we each had our own bedroom!

The staff are helpful. They arranged a car to take us back down the mountain, and it has to be noted the driver was excellent - and very safe (that can't be said for other drivers in India!!).

The room service was good - the food was ok, and it arrived very quickly in our room.

The location of the hotel was great - a short walk to the mall and the ridge. Definitely a good option for any stay in Shimla.

• Stayed: January 2013