Hotel Prince Polonia
$131
$125
$88
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$298
  • Pool
$80
$50
  • Pool
Hotel Hari Piorko(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
$27
$21
  • Restaurant
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
$207
$185
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is my second visit and compared to last time it felt like a different hotel. We had booked a twin room and on arrival there were no twin beds, no sheets, no loo paper, no soap the bathroom was dirty and even though we had booked a deluxe room it was horrid and compared to last year i was very disappointed. Every time we asked for things o be put right it took several reminders and over an hour to get anything - as we arrived at around 11.30 at night it was not the best introduction. I do have to say that after numerous complaints - for example we asked for the room to be cleaned on Day 2 - by day 3 no-one had been near despite repeated reminders - we were moved to another room which was not a twin but was much cleaner and more like the room I had expected in the first place and I should add the hotel still does have a pool and is in a great location so not all bad but they do need to lift their service game and be more responsive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was my second visit to the Prince Polonia in the last 14 months. Although I believe management has changed and the hotel itself could use a thorough cleaning, I continue to recommend the Prince Polonia as a reasonably priced, solid lodging option in a very vibrant, colorful and central location of Delhi.

On the negative side: front desk staff could be friendlier, more welcoming and responsive to calls for assistance (three calls for help with a lighting issue were never answered); as mentioned, a general cleaning, touch-up painting, etc. would improve the hotel’s aesthetic appeal. On the positive side: the hotel’s travel desk, the driver provided on two separate occasions was excellent; free wi-fi; large flat screen TV with good reception; air conditioning; 24 hour hot water; swimming pool, although I didn’t swim I was very happy one hot morning to be able to dangle my legs in the cool water; rooftop restaurant continues to have a well-run kitchen with happy, helpful staff and first class, fresh food at true bargain prices and for those searching for a really good cup of coffee, this is the place to go.

I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 305 on both visits, no complaints.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Anne313
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A comfortable place at a very reasonable price ,good service and a nice rooftop restaurant with outdoor swimming pool.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank manita c
Reviewed April 18, 2012

It's a dusty dreary unclean place with nice enough, but miserable staff. At breakfast, someone said it was a palace compared to other places - but I've never been to hell so I couldn't tell you. The pool was a health hasard, but pigeon heaven. Rooftop for a coffee was OK. Well located for the main bazaar.
To be fair the staff did change our sheets and blankets when asked, but I never got over the pigeon poo on the skirting board next to where they'd put the dodgy looking mattresses for my son to sleep on. TV worked OK. And it wasn't expensive.
Miserable end ot a fabulous holiday in India.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank the_finchley_lees
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We spent one night at the Prince Polonia for in February. We had stayed there in the past and had fond memories of the hotel. We were quite disappointed. Although the hotel has been renovated and is quite clean and modern, the service we received did not meet our expectations. We asked for a quiet, twin bed room and received a triple (double bed and single) room right under the roof top restaurant and next to a whole with service cupboards. It was terribly noisey until well after midnight and we couldn't sleep although we were exhausted from a very long trip to Delhi. Considering the price ($40), we felt that we did not get good value for our money and decided not to return to the Prince Polonia for the last few nights of our trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends