We (Dutch family, 2 adults, 2 children) have visited Lutyens twice now. Once in 2007 and once in 2013. If we are visiting Delhi in the furture we don't have to think hard. It will be Lutyens again.
For the record, Lutyens Bungalow is not a 5 star hotel where you are a number. What LB has to offer are the following things:
* Shukla, family and staff who make you feel welcome. Adults and children.
* A very low barrier to come in contact with fellow travellers (Shukla introduces people).
* Down to earth management and staff. No faked friendliness.
* A perfect location (Lodi Gardens in the backyard, although in the center:very peacefull).
* A spacious garden with swimming pool.
* Good meals which are not overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lutyens bungalow, a heritage property built in 1937, located in the plush environs of Delhi, has sprawling gardens, a playground and swimming pool. It is excellently located, within strolling distance of the Lodhi gardens and Safdurjung Tomb, and within 5 kms of a host of must see attractions. All rooms are air-conditioned and comfortable, with attached bathrooms offering all modern amenities. Our free wifi, sumptuous breakfast (included) and reasonably priced delicious meals are much appreciated. Do come and stay with us to enjoy India's warmth and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Lutyens Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lutyens Bungalow Hotel New Delhi