“Great food; great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pavilion

The Pavilion
Ranked #8 of 12,554 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great food; great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

The staff and service is awesome - if you are not happy or want something different then just ask. This is not just a normal here's the menu establishment.

Visited May 2013
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at The Pavilion, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciation and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience at The Pavilion.
May we recommend you to try The Grand Mauryan Brunch which is offered every Sunday and allows you to enjoy buffets across The Pavilion, West View, My Humble House - all at one price.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

New Delhi
“Anytime, anyday - GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Like everything else at The Maurya, I love The Pavilion too. I have been there for the buffet breakfast, buffet dinner, Saturday midnight buffet, mid night meals and mid night coffees. And every single time, the place has been as good as ever. All the buffets offer a wide variety of options - and justifies the price. You can possibly not try out everything. In the a-la-carte menu a must-try is the prawns with malabari parantha. I think it is one of the best ever. Their seekh kabab rolls are also very soft and very sumptuous. The place is always buzzing and at meal times there is often a waiting queue. The dessert selection, the coffee - all is absolutely perfect about this place. The decor of the restaurant however, could have been more innovative. It is very plain-jane and kind of boring.

• Visited December 2012
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at The Pavilion, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant feedback and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience at The Pavilion.
Since you enjoy dining here, may we recommend you to try The Grand Mauryan Brunch which is offered every Sunday and allows you to enjoy buffets across The Pavilion, West View, My Humble House - all at one price.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

New Delhi, India
“nice variety of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

the variety in Buffet was good and enjoyable. The staff is always courteous and always welcomes with a smile.

Visited May 2013
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at The Pavilion, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Limited Choices & average Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

1. I have been to Pavillion and Bukhara at this ITC property several times. I have the Culinary Plus Membership of this Hotel.
2. Buffet is excellent, every day a new theme, great food and heavenly deserts.
3. Apart from Buffet, the Menu is very limited and not so great. It is pricey, but that is normal for this category of hotels. My culinary plus membership provides great discounts, so price is not an issue for me.
4. Ambience is okay okay. Nothing Great, and a bit dated. Once i was alloted a table where the legs were uneven and table was rocking back and forth. They alloted me another table, again the same problem (relatively less shaky) and on complaining, the staff put some kind of paper block thingy to level the legs, this was strange and not acceptable for a 5 star Hotel. If possible ask for tables near the pool side glass wall for a view.
5. This is supposed to be primarily a cafe for the hotel, but strangely they have no choices in coffee. Simplya hot coffee or a cold coffee. I am a hardcore coffee fanatic and this troubles me. The Taj Hotel located nearby has a great cafe, they have more than 40 different types of coffee and their cafe has 2 seating arrangements - inside and outside (beautifully located at the garden/pool side) i just love their coffee choices, which is a big disappointment at The Pavillion.
6. If you want to enjoy a-la carte food, Go to Bukhara at the same property. A huge upgrade from Pavillion. Excellent Indian Food.
7. Service at Pavillion seems to be very casual. You have to ask them for water also, nothing is provided unless you ask, not even the check.
8. If having the buffet, order your breads well in advance, as they serve breads really slow.
9. To sum it up: Great Buffet, Average Service, below-average ambience, Bad A-la carte.
10. Having said that i still continue to go there only because of the out of the world buffet.

• Visited March 2013
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at The Pavilion, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and your appreciation for The Pavilion buffet and Bukhara. Here, we work towards providing the best of our services at all times combined with great cuisine.
We have noted your feedback regarding the service being slow and also the coffee availability and assure you that we will look into the same. May we request you to kindly share your contact details as we would like to get in touch with you and understand your concerns in detail.

We are pleased to have loyal guests as yourself and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

General Manager, ITC Maurya
“Grand Mauryan Brunch -Exactly what you'd expect from the ITC Maurya”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This afternoon I dined at the ITC Maurya's Pavilion restaurant. My table had a clear view of the pool and gardens - which was a great start to the meal.

I opted for the lunch buffet - and for those if you from the US, this *is not* your typical US style buffet. There are multiple stations featuring fresh prepared selection from all over the world.

I had settled on some rice and roasted chicken - which were both wonderfully prepared and then was surprised when my waiter brought tempura prawns from the chefs. The prawns were perfectly cooked and I must confess that I finished every last morsel. My waiter then started bring over other tidbits for me to sample - things I would not have tried on my own, but all very delicious. I love the pride the waitstaff takes in their Chef's preparations. I sampled several dishes from all over India and was quickly stuffed to the gills.

The waiter then brought over a small sample of traditional Indian desserts and encouraged me to try just one bite - by this time, I am feeling like the fellow from the Monty Python skit (it's wafer thin!!!), but manage a spoon of each. Again, I am so glad my waiter brought the food over!

I would recommend going for the Indian selections at the buffet. If you ask, the waiter will also bring by fresh prepared tandoori chicken and kebabs. The dessert section featured fresh local fruit, homemade ice cream and sorbets, traditional Indian sweets, and more western pastries and sweets.

The excellent service, atmosphere, and food made this brunch an unforgettable experience.

• Visited April 2013
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at The Pavilion, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for so much for your wonderful feedback and I am most delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Sunday Brunch experience at ITC Maurya. Here, we constantly work towards providing the best of our services at all times to ensure a warm and memorable experience.

Thank you for dining with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

General Manager - ITC Maurya