“Best for Delhi experience ! Best foreign exchange...”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Meditation Palace

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Swedish first
Any
Rodrigo P
“Best for Delhi experience ! Best foreign exchange rates and 40 euros tours per day all over rajasthan.”
Reviewed March 30, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Abhi the host is superhelpful, has lot of tips and provides you with useful knowl edge and information of how to travel around in Delhi and India.

Rooms and bathrooms are clean, WiFi is very strong, common kitchen is clean and has all the facilities and necessary utensils to cook for a longer stay. Rooftop terrace has a good view. There is a nice mall with all different types of restaurants available, ATM banks are nearby to withdraw cash, nearest metro station is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel and just a few rupees from the Tuktuk. Most important is that the place and the area is very quiet and peaceful than the rest of Delhi.

Abhi the host exchanges all foreign currencies at Google rate which is higher than the official rate at local money changers in delhi, he organises tour for delhi sightseeing, 1 day tour to agra and also several other tours for Rajasthan.

The host is extremely helpful in everything what a traveller requires in India. You will not regret if you book at meditation palace. I highly recommend staying here if visiting Delhi first time.

Malou_Cos...
Tarlac, Philippines
“Serene home with passionate hotel service”
Reviewed February 17, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Meditation Palace is a very safe, clean, relaxing and affordable bed and breakfast in a quiet neighborhood, you can't believe you're a few steps away from the busy Delhi streets where the commercial establishments are located. I personally loved that the supermarket and street food was literally steps away! I got a King's Rooms with private bath, but the shared bathrooms of other rooms was also clean. I got a private balcony overlooking the neighborhood, and a common lounge where i met other friendly guests. Kitchen (with utensils, cookware, refrigerator, filtered water, etc.) was available for cooking of reheating any food you bought outside. The hot shower was really a delight in the cold Delhi weather during my visit. Abhi is a wonderful guy and is so far the best host I've met since I've started going on adventure trips. He doesn't hover, I felt free to do my business at his place, but at the same time, he was ALWAYS (can't stress that enough) one call/text away - anytime of the day or night. As soon as I arrive, he had a list of destinations from where i could choose, a map to work around the city, computation of taxi services and money exchange rates (he changes at Google rate, guys, don't avail of the airport money exchange). He would answer all queries, and assist in tours, taxi pooling, itinerary to make the most out of your day, and just about everything. He also cared enough to check if all was fine during my tour, and even checked if i flew back home to the Philippines safely (who does that?) Thanks so much, Abhi for being patient despite all the troubles i caused you, and more power to the Meditation Palace. I do not have any reservations in recommending this place :D

635shawnl
“A calm spot in busy delhi”
Reviewed January 29, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We booked 2 nights in Meditation Palace guesthouse. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had lovely warm showers in our en suite washroom. There is a fantastic common area with a living room/dining room, as well as a large kitchen. The area provided a great place for hanging out with fellow guests... we also booked a tour for Agra and Rajasthan which was amazing. The host checked on us at all times during the tour. The host also exchanges foreign currency at Google rate which is very helpful than the other money changers who give a far lower rate. The host also outlined all the best spots in Delhi like things to do, places to see. Abhi is an excellent host!

Milly S
“Staff broke into our room”
Reviewed January 15, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

Place was clean and tidy. Keep your stuff locked up in your room - a staff member broke in and used our laptop, which was out charging, to write a series of raving reviews on the hotel. We have proof of this via the browser history. It was done at around 2pm, while we were out.
The owner blamed a staff member. When looking for the booking number to speak to booking.com, which was in my friends deleted email, we discovered that the booking had been cancelled (thus he would avoid paying commission). DO NOT GIVE HIM YOUR PHONE WHEN YOU CHECK IN. This is a scam and he does not need it. He has a copy of the booking number himself (duh).
When I asked to change hotel, owner said he couldn't fully refund me as he had to pay commission (lie, as he had cancelled the booking). He then said the refund had to be via credit card on booking.com, and it would take a week. Again a lie as there was no booking.
After a long morning speaking to booking.com, and being abused by Abhi for "ruing everything, now I have to pay commission", I finally got a refund and, fearing for my safety, fled the property.

Anyway, This place is nice and clean and tidy, and Abhi is very helpful in providing advice on the metro and sites. Please don't leave stuff unlocked in the room.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Анатолий...
“Truly a palace to stay in Delhi !”
Reviewed January 8, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Mr. ABHI is a fantastic host ! He was super helpful even before I arrived. He gave me sightseeing, transportation and food tips that saved me a ton of hassle and money in the urban chaos of delhi. He went above and beyond and made it feel like I was staying with a friend. He even exchanged foreign currency at google rate for me. And arranged a tour to Agra at reasonable price. Would definitely stay here again when in Delhi !

Management Response
Apr 19, 2018
""Thank You so much for taking out the time to write a review for us. Your stay has been special at our place. We look forward to see you again. Thank you for coming!""
JAHAGIVN
Pune, India
“Good place for bagpackers...Average for family stay”
Reviewed January 7, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We stayed at this place last year when we did Delhi-Agra-Ranthambore-Jaipur family trip along families of 2 of my friends. The place is conveniently located near metro station ( Jasola ) so commuting from here was convenient. The rooms were bigger and since we were 3 families we had taken up entire floor which helped us. The host Abhishek was very well informed, however 2 things which needed immediate attention were 1. Bathroom Fixtures : The bathroom fixtures were broken 2. Inspite of it's being peak winter time, the host did not gave us any extra blankets when asked for. Also, the quality of bedsheets and blanket was very average. So, in general good place for bagpackers and average place for family stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
isabel n
“Warm hosts and lovely rooftop”
Reviewed December 31, 2017 for a stay in January 2018

Helpful warm hosts and the property was well maintained. Kitchen for cooking and nice view from the rooftop. Sheet, bed and washrooms were very clean. Strong Wi-Fi, host exchanged dollars ar Google rate. We also bought a Delhi taxi tour for 8 hours at the hotel which was a great experience. If coming to delhi, you should definitely think about booking here. Hats off to such amazing hospitality!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing