“A grand dining experience”
Review of Dum Pukht

Dum Pukht
Ranked #9 of 12,606 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“A grand dining experience”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

You might say the setting is opulent, with chandeliers etc. The food and service was impeccable and we even got to meet the chef. The Indian Foreign minister was dining when we were there, so it can't be bad!

• Visited February 2013
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at Dum Pukht, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at Dum Pukht. Here, we strive to offer an unforgettable experience through the authentic cuisine from the royal kitchens of Awadh along with a grand ambiance.

Noida, India
“Great Awadhi Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Enter Dum Pukht and you are treated to a world of huge tables, chandeliers and old world dining. The decor might seem out of place to some, but I loved it.
We had a reservation for two and although we were assigned a not so good table, they changed it when requested without much fuss.
The food. We tried the Dum Pukht Kakori, which is probably one of the best Kebabs served at any fine dining place in Delhi. Also I heard a lot about their Biryani and yes it truly lived up to its name. Fantastic Biryani. The chicken korma is also excellent. Well among the deserts, I tried the firni and I do not have much to complain about.
Another USP is the bar menu at the Dum Pukht. They probably have the largest collection of malts that I have ever seen. Fact.
The only let down is the service. The staff isnt too helpful when asked for suggestions. They could improve on that or maybe they are plain bored serving royalty.

• Visited January 2013
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at Dum Pukht, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at Dum Pukht. Here, we strive to offer an unforgettable experience through the authentic cuisine from the royal kitchens of Awadh along with a grand ambiance.
We have taken your feedback regarding the service into account and request you to consider this an aberration not reflective of our usual standards.

Noida, India
“Thumbs Up :)”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been visting this place to celeberate the special occasions of my life .I liked the ambience & the decor a lot .It was unique & was giving me a royal feeling The food was very nicely cooked & serve well .
What i liked the most the staff was very nice and friendly .My family & i were pesronally impressed by Mr. Arun Jain who was very warm & made our entire experience very delightful .

• Visited January 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“Disappointment”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was the last meal of our trip, and planned as such because of the recommendations. The atmosphere was rich and stuffy. Staff gave the impression of having been there and done that. We were a party of 13, and we couldn't mix a la carte orders with set menu orders. The food was a letdown. I found it overspiced and underspiced at the same time! Maybe my palate is not developed enough to appreciate what was being served, but in my opinion, spicing should achieve that balance where the mix matches and enhances the main ingredients, without one spice overpowering your taste buds and the expense of other flavours. I found it the equivalent of viewing a masterpiece under orange sodium lighting.

• Visited December 2012
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at Dum Pukht, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. At Dum Pukht, we strive to offer an unforgettable experience through the authentic cuisine from the royal kitchens of Awadh, along with a grand ambiance.

We have noted your feedback and assure you that we will look into the same. Thank you once again for your insights and we do hope we get the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Mumbai
“Dum Pukht Awadh Food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

ent to Dum Pukht at ITC Maurya in New Delhi. This is a very fine resturant whick serves a tipical Awadh Food which has tradetion of Luknow the city of Nawabs and Mougle Kings. The food is outstanding and unique. It is experiance to eat at this resturant which is a sister resturant of Bukhara which is also in the same ITC Maurya in New Delhi. A must for someone who likes good food.

• Visited February 2013
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at Dum Pukht, responded to this review, February 11, 2013