“A tourist trap”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our driver took my sister and I here for our first meal in India. It was a pretty nice looking place. It was clean and had a varied menu.

We ordered butternut squash soup, tomato basil consome soup, balti gosht and rarah gosht to eat. We had to order the rice separately because it was not included with the entrees (very weird). I also had a glass of wine - which tasted awful and smelled like rubbing alcohol. I did not finish it. My sister had a Kingfisher beer.

The meat from the entrees weren't cooked all the way which is surprising because you'd assume since they cater to tourists they would make extra sure that everything was cooked correctly.

The food overall tasted good, but in the end it was very expensive. Before taxes our bill was 2525Rs - after taxes it was 3308Rs. We then left an extra tip so a total of 3500Rs. Then manager had the nerve to look over our bill to make sure we had paid enough!

We wouldn't go back.

We also had to pay for the water...again I understand this is India and everyone is paranoid about the water, but water is usually free especially in fancy, overpriced restaurants.

Oh and this place only had one stall in the bathroom so be prepared to line up. The mouth fresheners they give you at the end of the meal taste like incense.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Was taken here by my driver and tour guide for the day for a lunch break. It has an extensive menu global, oriental, and Indian. I opted for a chicken Tuscan sandwich and a Bacardi and diet Pepsi. The sandwich was mediocre at best and according to the menu my meal should have come out to Rs. 700, however, as was previously mentioned with "taxes" my meal totaled over Rs. 1200! I was a little disappointed. The restaurant looked clean and I can see why tour guides bring tourists here (to avoid Delhi belly?). However, I did feel a little taken advantage of. I would have preferred something more genuine but perhaps they did me a favor. My first experience in India.

1  Thank nath3636
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Indian food just as you would wish it. None of that tourist rubbish. Really nice food, rally quickly with frat service. Maybe a bit expensive but nice.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The food was nice but the utensils were strange. The fried rice is not served in a bowl but in a small bamboo barrel kind of thing and the spoons are curved and funky.Atmosphere was a bit dark but ok.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I ordered sliced beef in black pepper sauce, chicken american chopsuey, and chicken clay pot, along with fried rice, and I must say the food served here is great, and the prices are decent, considering the portion size.

The service was a little disappointing as the servers straight away brought the food on the table while we were having our drinks, without asking us whether the food should be served along with the drinks or after them.

Overall 4 stars !