“highily responsive treatment of staff”
Review of Parkland Kalkaji

Parkland Kalkaji
Ranked #592 of 1,135 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 14, 2010

well behaved staff
handsome managed confrence room
nicely managed room
nice dinner
economical as it should be
safety wise cool

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 9, 2009

Hi,
I was looking for a hotel near Kalkaji / New friends colony, and found this hotel just near it.

Positives:
Cheap and best- value for its money
Very good breakfast - good spread. Didnt expect so much for the amount we are paying
Very neat rooms
Good service
Location - just right for my trip , as I had my office in a walking distance

Negatives:
Room service could have been better - They forgot my wake up call
The gym is very small. Could do with some maintenance of the equipments

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2009

My stay was comfortable and i liked the location and service of the hotel

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Upon arrival I was shown my room very quickly and the bell boy demanded a tip. After he left I had an adventure trying to figure out the multiple switches in the room.

The room was clean and quiet so if you are traveling with someone or you are a man I would recommend staying here, but I did not have a good experience as a single woman staying here.

I returned mid day on a Saturday to the hotel and decided to slip into yoga pants and a cami and finish some work before Monday. After I changed someone knocked on my door. Since there are no peep holes I opened the door a crack, and a man from housekeeping pushed his way in my room and told me I "needed water" I asked him to leave and he looked at me waiting for a tip. I was pissed so I then demanded he leave. Then later, looking at the bottles of water, he had brought me ALREADY opened bottles. Who knows if he had put something in there so I got dressed and went to reception to complain. They brushed it off and sent me new water. No apology, no nothing.

I was not satisfied with the disrespect they show women at this hotel. I was moved back in line when there were men ready to check out, they gave me a hard time when I said my company was paying for my hotel, and I did not feel safe at any point when I was there. Needless to say I will not be staying here again.

The food was also very bad. Very bad.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Staying at Parkland Hotel was a wonderfull Experience . In todays world where Five stra hotyels are charging a bomb here you get almost the same luxury & facility in almost 7500 /- which is damn good . Services were excellent with amazing food & I am told that they have seven properties at various locations in Delhi all business hotels especially catering to Corporate Houses isn't it Amazing!!!!.
very learned staff & high quality.
very nice recommend to all...............

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Park Land has about 5 Bed and Breakfast Inns located within a 4 mile radius in South Delhi. The location of all the hotels is a huge advantage, with 30-45 minute ride to key business areas in Delhi (like CP, Pragati Maidan, Okhla). Ample food and entertainment options are around, although roads are quite packed in evening. Hopefully things will improve once Metro and flyovers are completed.

The Inn itself is small but the rooms (at least mine) are spacious (in fact, huge). They seem to have been recently redone, with LCD TV, DTH cable, tea-coffee maker and sofa. The bathrooms were quite clean and room service efficient. You get newspaper and 2 litres bottled water complimentary every day, which is highly appreciated. Unlike other hotels in the area, breakfast (inclusive) was actually tasty and had some variety. The dining area is cramped, though, fitting in 10 feet between the reception and the elevator. The attitude of waiters and receptionist was surprisingly (for Delhi) pleasant!

On the flip side, the rooms smelt of stale air. After 3 days, it got quite stuffy. They spray some sort of freshner, which probably makes it worse. The room service costs a bomb, unrealistic rates. Even the USD150 per night all incl room rate is steep for a hotel of this quality. They can afford to charge a premium in absence of enough capacity in Delhi. The better known brands cost $400 and delivered even less value.

I would recommend Park Land and Conclave group of hotels for a 2-3 day business stay in heart of Delhi, without hurting the wallet too much.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2008

I stayed in this Hotel for thee days and would like to share my experience with you all here. The reception and the welcome was marvelous and we were served amazing welcome drinks upon arrival. The Recption staff here was outstanding and very welcoming. The room was very ideally suited and the Room decore was great. The Indian and Chinese food served was mouthwatering. I was served an Indian dessert named Rasmalai and I will never forget the taste as I am always going to miss it. In my previous Visits to india I never had such an outstang sweet dish.

I was also told by the Recption Manager that they are coming up with a European Restaurant very soon and would be the best in Delhi. Now I am eagerly waiting for my next vacation for India in the Dec this year.

I would certainely recommend this hotel for the Young couples and the people who come with the Children. I would give this hotel a Five star rating.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business