“One of the best in Delhi!”
Review of The Spice Route

The Spice Route
Ranked #50 of 12,822 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Connaught Place/Janpath
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband had great evening in Spice Route. The decoration, quality of the service, taste of the food, wine list, everything was exceptional, we love Spice Route and we recommend all of our friends who travel to Delhi, we stayed at Leela Palace, but next time we would like to stay at Imperial Hotel! Thanks to the chef of Spice route and his team!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Food was good, but not exceptional. Taster menu was a good option as it gave a varied meal with flavours from diverse countries. Wine selection good and the overall experience was fantastic, you must take the tour of the restaurant accompanied by the story of the meanings of the decoration and areas. Fabulous service and a great evening.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

With all the plaudits the Imperial Hotels Spice route receives one might expect the ultimate in Indian fine dining, and certainly the beautifully decorated restaurant and the excellent service make it memorable. But to live up to the theme the menu concentrates on southern indian food and the Thai and Asian cuisines that flourished on the spice route. We tried both menus and were not disappointed, but found the menu at next door's Daniell more to our interesting.
As others have said, the Imperial is not for budget conscious wine drinkers; although the home grow sauvignon blanc is very drinkable and complements the food, it is R3000 at this hotel but R1800 elsewhere.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

located in the imperial hotel, the food is good but quite expensive, the setting is beautiful and we really liked their version of the dom yam soup here.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The service was a mix of really annoyingly subservient alternating with snitty (maitre d') to pretty incompetent (sommelier whose only adjective was 'fragrances') and confused (waiter).

My wine glass had 'lips' and was greasy; bubbly/frosty maitre d' spilled wine on me and either didn't notice or thought it was my fault; I was advised to choose one course, then told it wouldn't be possible anyway - and recommended a second dish that turned out to be something I had specifically said I didn't want.

It was just one of those nights but the worst thing was, even if I hadn't wanted the meal I got, it was not more and quite possibly less than average. Really disappointing, actually, and exorbitantly priced.

I won't go back and I will discourage people from eating at The Spice Route.

2  Thank alexandermeinertz