“Best stay ever in India”
Review of Eleven

and 1 more site!
Eleven
Ranked #8 of 1,095 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Best stay ever in India”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We had stayed for four days with a family of 8. Mr Ajay had made our stay very comfortable and was an excellent host. He arranged our transport, food and entire travel plans. Strongly recommended. Great location,.Clean Rooms, will come back. Thanks Mr Ajay for the great service

Shankar and Family from SIngapore

Room Tip: We had used 4 rooms and all 4 rooms are great value for mondey
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 19, 2013

For the first time in India because of the hockey world cup. We were looking for a place which would feel like home. And after lokking for a great deal of hotels we ended up on tripadvisor and found our home. If you ever want to feel and expercience Indian life go to Eleven. Not only for that because the owner Ajay is the best host we've ever. And he really makes you feel comfortable, at ease and at home. Always interested in your plans and ready to advice on travelling, sites,food and of drinking. The room and bathroom is clean, big enough and with a fridge filled with beer. Elven is locatied near bu outside center but close enough to interesting sites. While Eleven is locatoed on the road to one of Delhi's trainstations therefor there is always a tuc-tuc or rickshaw around to bring to where ever you like for a reasonable price.
So yes we found our home in Delhi and we suggest if you ever are in Delhi or ion transfer in Delhi, call Eleven.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisle-sur-Tarn
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at Eleven for 2 nights on the last leg of our journey. Our room was clean and comfortable and set back from the main road which meant it was quiet enough for us to take a nap after a long and early flight from Kerala.

We appreciated the welcome cold beer in the fridge and the facility to make a cup of tea or coffee whenever we fancied. We were also very grateful to Ajay for his advice and information to plan our last day in Delhi. Up till then our opinion of Delhi was pretty negative but thanks to a great little itinerary for our last day we left feeling much more positive.

Ajay also organised a car to take us to the airport early on our day of departure so overall we were very pleased with our stay and recommend Eleven for any traveller looking for a quiet welcoming home stay in Delhi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Salmiya, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Recently we enjoyed several nights at Eleven. It was our first time in India and after reading about Eleven on TA we decided this was the place for us - and it turned out to be exactly the place we wanted. The proprietor, Ajay, was there to help us anytime we needed. Even when our flight arrived 5 in the morning and I wanted to buy a SIM card at the airport he spoke with the cell phone company to confirm the address and information, and never complained. Immediately from the airport we went to the Taj Mahal, which he helped arranged and was an all day event. Ajay called us to see if we would like the cook to prepare something for us to eat as it was late when we were getting back from the Taj Mahal (and he even had some beer in the fridge for us)! However, in addition to the hospitality, I have to say we loved the room, my friend wanted to take her mattress home with her, as she was so comfortable. We felt safe and relaxed the whole time at Eleven. It was a wonderful location and very quiet with a quaint little cafe around the corner and an interesting, now crowded tomb just across the street. We would definitely go there again if we are ever in that part of the world again. It really beats the chaos of a large hotel and I loved being in a regular neighborhood!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa E
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Recently I stayed in New Delhi at a bed and breakfast called "Eleven". It is located at 11 Nizamuddin a short rickshaw ride to most tourist destinations like Kahn Market, Lodi Gardens, Humayin's Tomb. Before I left Canada I was told by a friend that this was the place to stay. He loved the "cold beer" in the frig' at the end of the day. The owner is Ajay Anandd. I was not disappointed. Ajay like many have said is a wonderful host. He is also a tour guide and knows the city well. Each day he went over our plans making excellent suggestions on timing, costs, and scheduling. He even gave us a cell phone and called in on us during the day to see how we were doing and to answer any questions we might have. I stayed at "Eleven" altogether for 7 or 8 days before and after treking in Nepal. It was a pleasure to be able to leave things in safe-keeping with Ajay while I went treking knowing they would be there on my return. I have only positive things to say about Ajay and his B & B. He provided my friend and I with great rooms, a hearty breakfast and a safe, clean and enjoyable retreat. We had the two rooms in back on the first floor. They each had a nice bathroom and shower with lots of hot water. The air conditioning was a delight as was the quiet. As it was our first time in India and Delhi, it was wonderful to have"Eleven" to return to each day.
Without hesitation I whole-heartedly recommend "Eleven" as a place to stay while in Delhi.

Sincerely, Carl Wolpin, New Brunswick, Canada

Room Tip: The 2 rooms off the patio in back are excellent, nice baths, great beds and plenty of hot water!f
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a fantastic guesthouse, the best place to stay in Delhi by a mile. The location is quiet and secluded, but still only a short tuk tuk ride from everywhere, and the rooms are excellent, clean and very comfortable with reliable wifi. The staff are great, and Ajay the owner was more than happy to take care of any requests, whether it's sorting out a taxi, or posting a last minute letter for you while you try any make it to the airport. He has even given me a mobile phone to use during my stay in case I had any questions or problems.

I do a lot of field work and travel in India and coming back here is almost like coming home. Also the breakfasts are the best in Delhi, it was a big surprise to see proper coffee on my first morning!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Kamakura, Japan
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had a very nice stay at 11. The location is good .The room was spacious and nice , breakfast was very big. You can help yourself as much as you want with tea, coffee and biscuits. Above all, M. Ajay is really a nice person. He lends you a mobile phone so you can call him if you've questions or some problems during your stay. As I had a night flight and since my room was not booked, he proposed me to keep the room for free until late evening so I could have a shower before leaving. It was so nice of him and I was so happy to be able to have a shower and change clothes before my flight. He also made sure I don't pay too much for the taxi to the airport and explained me how to go to the many places I wanted to visit. I really appreciated his hospitality and the fact he is not a "business minded" person.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo