“First Class experience”

Ranked #8 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Saskatoon, Canada
“First Class experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Cannot say enough about the place itself, the staff and the owner. It is an island of serenity and understated luxury in a bustling city. The rooms are squeaky clean, modern and yet have a classical style (beautiful details including intriguing framed pictures of historical India). Ajay the owner checked in every day and provided us with all sorts of information about how to function in India, he was a phone call away and always helped out with everything we asked about--he went far beyond expectations. A terrific place to stay in every way, don't miss it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Eleven is a true gem due in large part due to its wonderful staff, led by owner Ajay Anandd. In the extreme Delhi summer heat Ajay made Eleven into my oasis of calm, cool relaxation for the two nights I stayed at his guest house.

Eleven is very central to Delhi sights - just a 15 minute walk from the majestic Humayun Tomb - tucked away in a lovely garden. The property has only a few rooms ensuring that guests get personalized attention, such as recommendations on places to see and the price to pay for a rickshaw to take you there. The room I stayed in was a mix of sleek and modern facilities such as a shower with strong water pressure and granite counters as well as thoughtful amenities including unlimited bottled water, reading material and a pocket size Delhi map overlaid with tourist sites and the city's metro system. The guest house runs with precision, taking breakfast orders the night before so that meals can be prepared on time. The price of Eleven is comparable to other guest houses in Delhi but the value in terms of service and comfort is unmatched.

The owner Ajay was very responsive to my emails and calls. He was actually in Thailand when I contacted him a few times, but happily coordinated details of my stay and facilitated my easy travel to arrive at the guest house and later head to the airport. I can't emphasize how rare it is to find a guest house proprietor who is as accommodating as Ajay was to me and my fellow travel mates. He really made our stay hassle free and all the more enjoyable.

Every detail of my stay at Eleven was pleasant. It's a place I'm looking forward to returning to again.

Room Tip: I liked the room I was in - at the front of the house, to the right side if you are facing the prope...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Ajay organised a taxi from the airport and we really appreciated the quiet suburban location of '11' after a long flight. There is a secluded garden area, our room was spacious, bathroom well equipped with constant hot water and Biotec products and lots of towels. Internet access was good, Ajay is concerned that his guests are well looked after and lent us a mobile phone during our stay. We were able to contact him for advice at any time. The beds were comfortable, and there was a complementary supply of bottled water, tea, coffee and biscuits. We spent 2 x 2 days here in all and Ajay kept our excess luggage which we collected on our return to Delhi.
Breakfasts were lovely - lots of muesli and fresh fruit and additional meals could be ordered at anytime throughout the day and evening. The staff were polite and helpful. Eleven is ideally situated for sightseeing and we found it a peaceful haven after the bustle of Delhi town.

Ajay aims to ensure that his guests have a good time in Delhi and is an amenable host. It was so nice to waved on our way back to the airport. There is a family atmosphere at '11'

Room Tip: The room near the front door in the main house is spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pasadena, California
Reviewed July 27, 2012

After staying at two other hotels in New Delhi, we found that Eleven was a wonderfully unique bed and breakfast. The room was clean and homey. The staff were pleasant, and they went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable. The dining area was a relaxing place to have a nice breakfast and a cup of tea. The manager, Ajay, was extremely pleasant to talk with, and he was quite knowledgeable about New Delhi, as well as the country of India. He talked with us as people, not just as tourists, which we found so refreshing. My husband and I shared our food interests, and he made some great restaurant recommendations. We felt as if we were staying in a friend's guest house!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sherman Oaks
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

As two single female US travelers, we could not have possibly expected to be taken care of so well! Ajay (who was out of town on business during our stay) was still very attentive & made sure that our every need was met. It was like staying at the home of a dear friend. The food was very good, the water hot, and the atmosphere friendly. It's a very different feeling here, away from fancy hotels, and I loved it.

We also REALLY appreciated the never ending supply of bottled water at the ready!

• Stayed July 2012
Castries, St. Lucia
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our first trip to Delhi was made better by staying at Eleven. We were there two nights. Our host was very knowledgeable about the area and things to do. It is very close to things to do and we used the Rickshaw easily.

The accommodations were clean and well kept. It is a home environment. We have found this much better than large hotels. The place isn't fancy, its very practical and in our budget and that suited us well. The host gave us a cell phone to use while there so if we ran into any problems he was just a call away to help.

The area was very safe and we walked to dinner at a restaurant not far away. He had the best Muesli for breakfast. The breakfast was made to order.

The host even helped after we left to sort out an order we had placed while there. You will enjoy your time.

Room Tip: Note that we had to use a space heater in the room. This was the same as most hotels (small propert...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Don't come to 11 looking for luxury or five star service. Instead, come here looking for a little part of the nicest part of Delhi where you can almost feel as you though you live here. There are a handful of rooms, a nice little breakfast room and a lovely little terrace where you can sip chai and chat with the helpful owner, Ajay, for whom almost nothing is too much trouble. It is safe, clean and in a gorgeous part of Delhi. I have practically lived here like a home for a few years on and off whenever I am in Delhi - the lovely service, the simplicity of the rooms, the kettle, the homemade food, a good wifi connection and the ease of getting everywhere I need in South Delhi will, I hope, keep me coming back here for years. I recommend it so highly that I want to keep it a secret, so they will always have room for me!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo