“Just good for change”

Neighborhood: Greater Kailash I
Hyderabad-Deccan, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Just good for change”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The biggest advantage of this one is that it has a smoking room inside and people can enjoy their smoke with the drinks. The ambience is good as it gives you feeling of a dimly lit place. The seating is little off pattern but comfortable. In nutshell a good place for food and drinks and nothing great to boast of.

• Visited March 2013

New Delhi
“Excellent in its new avatar”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The place has just shifted few blocks but its so so much better than the old one as this has more space including an open air roof top bar area. The service is as usual better....i think the only place where the bartenders are nice, freindly and QUICK in responding!!!

Visited September 2013
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“rude and discriminating”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Humans I feel in todays fast paced world have forgotten that they have a soul, in the quest to stay ahead in the race of life, they compromise a lot on their morals and principles which they consider as baggage. What they don't realise is that that "baggage is not holding them down but rather liberating them from this blind race to stay ahead.

One of my closest friends from school is a girl who has a special ability, her special ability is to live life to her fullest, along with her zest for life she also has a disability from childhood to walk. when she was in kindergarden she stopped growing, her bones were so weak that she was unable to walk and while we all grew in height she did not, she stopped growing, her bones were so weak that she was unable to walk; however otherwise she was completely normal she was one of the most jovial and friendly girls in class, in class 9 she got a walker and she became mobile. and then she attended school like all of us, after school she went to college and later did her MBA and now is a young, independent woman; smarter and more intelligent than the average girls we meet, presently she is working in the education sector. Apart from driving a car she does everything on her own; she travels abroad alone, she calls her cab and moves around freely and a and a little help is always welcome only if someone is willing to and not just awkwardly gawking at her. I somehow never felt she was handicapped, for me she was always a prankster joking about my terrible spelling mistakes in school and correcting my sentences her favourite pastime!; from classmates we eventually became really close friends, but her disability was never our topic of discussion, there was nothing to sympathise about she is more than a equal to me, rather it was everything else, gossiping, boys, shopping etc etc. Its not that I was in denial but it was something which never needed any discussion. I have accepted her for who she is rather than anything else. and honestly I thought everybody else was like me… but I was in for a rude surprise.

On the eventful day (September 28th 2013) we decided to venture out at saturday night to have a god time, we wanted some music and not a regular boring dinner so we decided on Shalom in GK-I ,N block a very popular place indeed. I booked a table from Bite Quest which offered me 20% discount. I specially called and told Bite Quest that I need a table as one of the guest will need to sit and she cannot stand for too long. Bit Quest called me back and said that they have taken my reservation, I mite not be able to get a table but if I walk in I mite be able to get seated. Only a few weeks back on a saturday through Bite Quest on a very crowded saturday we had got the table, so I knew it wouldn't be a problem. As our other friends were joining us there, we decided that we will go a little earlier to find place and Seattle in before it gets too crowded. Also the place dint have a lift and its on the 1st floor so I wanted to show it to her and ensure she is comfortable in climbing the stairs else we would go somewhere else. She very enthusiastically dressed up for the night, and we entered Shalom coming face to face with a young woman at the reception desk. The young woman was very smart fluent in english and confident. At the first glance she saw my friend and says " I am sorry I don't think she will be able to go up as we don't have a lift", as I had already enquired about the lift earlier I told her that its ok we want to check if the stairs are comfortable for us to go up. Before my friend could ascertain her comfort level, the woman promptly replied I am sorry the stair case is very narrow for her. Seeing that woman's behaviour and interpreting her attitude towards the situation, I asked my friend if she was comfortable in climbing those stairs? she said in affirmative that she could manage those not an issue. Then I told her I needed a table to which the woman said I am sorry we don't have any tables we are booked for the night. Then I brought to her notice about my reservation, to which she goes ohh its through Bite Quest? then not at all, we cannot give u a table as we never give them tables on saturday they dint inform you? Now i was determined I finally said no issues we will stand can you just provide on single chair for my friend in case she needs to sit? I won't take a table and all of my other friends can stand, but for her convenience you can give us a single chair or stool.? To this the woman very confidently says Mam as I said all our tables are booked tonight and very soon we will have our guests arriving, I am sorry we cannot give u a single chair. however you can go up and if they see her they might spare one depending on them!
I saw a young smart looking man coming and hugging the lady at the desk and he just walked up. She dint ask him any questions? I was flabbergasted, I wanted to seriously give her a piece of my mind, but before I could react, another woman followed they shared a smile and she said don't worry we will make arrangements please go up. I wanted to shout at her scream, tell her she was inhuman or insensitive did she not have a heart to spare a single chair? people go out of their ways to help those in need but this woman was on the other hand making my fired feel more handicapped than she was. By that time my friend had got quite awkward with the whole conversation. After all the time she had taken to dress up and look good she was make to look like a clown the question looming her was that; How dare you decide that you can have a good time? How can you have the freedom to walk around? You are not one of us!!?. I just walked out with her. In the background I heard her discuss with her colleague that ensure Bite Quest off our list.
After that we went to Budha Bar my friend called them up and said she needed a table as she could not stand for too long. They obliged and we had a good night.

I Know nothing will change, my friend will not change her zest for life, she will always see the silver lining in the dark cloud because thats who she is, she is a positive person who has the right attitude to live. I only sympathise with all those people in there beautiful and powerful exteriors who have killed there souls. God Bless them

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank tanyakhare
New Delhi, India
“Nothing outstanding per se!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was a tad disappointed when I experienced Shalom. I had heard a lot about it & I was expecting an out-of-this-world experience. Unfortunately, what I got was the most basic stuff you would expect from a restaurant. We sat on the terrace, first under the awning & then in the open. We grabbed a sheesha & our drinks, all of which was quite decent. The food was okay too. The place seemed to be quite a hit with couples & with the younger lot. The service & ambience were okay. I do not think I am putting Shalom on my 'repeat' list.

• Visited March 2013
New Delhi, India
“Sufi nights are highly recommended!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Sufi nights are my absolute favorite here. The atmosphere is charged and one of the few places in Delhi which attracts good crowd despite playing Sufi/Hindi music.
In addition to classy interiors, the terrace bar is a great place to grab a drink and relax. Reservation is a must, walk-ins are turned down most of the time. Each floor has a separate bar and for smokers, they have a dedicated indoor smoking area.

• Visited August 2013