“Good experience on the whole” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Cafe, Mediterranean, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Delhi, India
“Good experience on the whole”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'll start by sharing that we were recommended this restaurant and that's why my wife and I came here. I stand by this recommendation.

We ordered three items, and the portions were generous. My first complaint is that the beverage I ordered was a tad too sweet for my taste and after a little patient waiting, this matter was sorted out. So that's not an issue as such. The food was really well-presented, and the portions filling. One thing the restaurant didn't have at that time was running water (it seems that that was a problem for all the establishments in Khan Market that day) and we could smell the smoke from the smoking section enter our part of the restaurant. Not a huge problem, but future patrons may want to keep this in mind.

A little expensive for our budget but the food was very tasty, well-prepared, well-presented and a worthwhile experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anil J

New Delhi, India
“a bit disappointing lately”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We used to really enjoy this place as it has quite a few non-India vegetarian and vegan options, like Turlu Turlu, couscous, great nachos, etc. And really good vegie soups and nice refreshing juices. But last weekend we ordered a pizza and another veggie option. After waiting about 1/2 hour, the waiter told us that the pizza oven was broken. So my husband ordered an enchilada. When it came, about 10 -15minutes later, nothing was said. After another 10 minutes I asked about my vegie dish and the waiter said that the pizza oven was broken. When he told my husband about the pizza, he had said nothing about this affecting my dish as well.
It seems that the Cafe now suffers from poor communication and slow service. There used to be a woman who was the maitre d' who was great, but she left.
I would try the place again but was quite disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mirabai c
“Nothing great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Average place is nothing worth remembering. I went there with friends ordered food and a bottle of wine....dont remember much from the visit and hence dont recommend it.
Its not bad tho.

Visited July 2012
Europe
“Small but interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

The food was great. The ambience - average, the service - good. Its right in the heart of all the other cafes of Khan Market but it stands out as a place that is not as noisy and crowded as the others in the area. And the food and prices are very pleasing too.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank AnimalLover111
Delhi
“Neat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

A clean, lively, frendly yet impersonal place. This is our "meet up" joint with old friends and go down nostalgia lane! Great food and drinks.

Visited February 2012