“Indian food for western consumers..”
Review of Bukhara

Bukhara
Ranked #11 of 12,580 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Espoo, Finland
“Indian food for western consumers..”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Probably one of the most frequently visited Indian restuarant, certainly one of the most hyped..thanks to the Clintons. ..
Everytime I visit Delhi we end up visiting Bukhara for meal. While the decor, the seating and the food, is all meant to be very Indian... it is all very contrived! The menu is santised and adapted to western tastes( great for business).. very profitable but not authentic. Last but not least the food is over priced.

• Visited February 2012
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at Bukhara, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. At Bukhara, we strive to give great cuisine combined with an ethnic expereince which is created through the decor of the restaurant. The pricing at Bukhara, which is rated amongst the premier restaurants in the world, is in keeping with its image, quality and other restaurants in Delhi.
We do hope you enjoyed your meal here and we look forward to having you with dine with us again.

General Manager, ITC Maurya

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Ooty, India
“great food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

the food is sumptuous and ambiance is great however, you need to have patience to wait for your turn, which could take more than 30 minutes as well

Visited October 2012
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at Bukhara, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. At Bukhara, we strive to give a memorable experience to all our Guests with great cuisine, service and ambiance. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

General Manager - ITC Maurya
Singapore
“Excellent Food, Average Service, Misquoted Long Wait, Very High Prices”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

First off, the food is fantastic. I highly recommend the Dal Bukhara, if I go back that is absolutely what I will get. The kebabs were very good, not the best I have ever had, but very very good. The naan was prepared in a way that I am not used to but it was very tasty. The portions are large and sides and accompaniments are plentiful. You do dine with your hands, as is traditional, however I was offered cutlery when my food came.

The service was okay, the restaurant is very busy and they seem to have policies and procedures that can keep some staff very busy and others trying to pick up for them. I had many different staff members assist me, but while helpful that also caused some confusion. The staff to me didn't seem snotty as others have written, but they were harried and rushed.

The wait was exceptionally long and somewhat chaotic. This is a very popular restaurant in high demand and this is obvious from the moment you walk up. I approached the hostess at 8:30 and listened to her talking to the many guests who all insisted how important they were and who they knew. The rules and policies were clearly stated by the hostess repeatedly, they only take reservations for between 7-8 and you must be seated by 8. Anyone after eight or with no reservation is put on a wait list. Reservations are completely booked 3-4 days in advance. What my issue is that the wait list is a fairly confusing system, there are no pagers or numbers to watch, you just wait to be found and seated at a table. I was dining alone and at 8:30 I was told that the wait time for a single diner would be 45 minutes. I went and waited in the bar and 90 minutes later I was seated at a table. I didn't complain and yell, just patiently waited and watched everyone else yell and scream.

The atmosphere was great. As soon as you walk in you feel as if you are in another world, nice stone walls, rough hewn timbers, hanging cooking pots and tools. Now all of this was veneer and fake Disneyfied but it was nice and warm feeling. The bar seems small, but it actually fits the guests well as many wait in the hotel lobby area and those looking for a drink can find seating and or standing area.

The price is very very expensive. Most of the Kebabs were priced at ₹1750 and the Dal was at ₹850, these were the two prices I remember. I was offered and ordered the Single Guest Set Meal, which had a veg and non-veg option priced at ₹2200 & ₹2400. These Prices are all VERY high for ₹2400 I got six pieces of kebab, two each from three different types and a serving of Dal, I also got the sliced onion salad, yoghurt, chutney, Naan an a choice of dessert. A drink was not included. And there are many taxes added on top. I don't believe you can get out of the restaurant spending less than ₹2800.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jasher0
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the cuisine at Bukhara. Here, we strive to give great cuisine combined with an ethnic expereince which is created through the decor of the restaurant.
We do hope your overall experience at the Bukhara was enjoyable and look forward to having you with us again.

General Manager, ITC Maurya
Moda, Istanbul, Turkey
“Central Asian tavern look in a fashionable hotel”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you fed up with Indian spicy food, Bukhara restaurant gives you a very delicious choice, from north of the continent. A central Asian tavern look in a fashionable hotel. An original way of serving and professional service.

General Manager - ITC Maurya
Washington DC
“Good, but touristy for sure”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very nice meal. Great dal and lamb. It was more gimmicky than I had expected though, the atmosphere almost reminded me of a theme restaurant at Disney.

Visited October 2012
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at Bukhara, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your meal here. At Bukhara, we strive to give great cuisine combined with an ethnic experience which is created through the decor of the restaurant.
Thank you for dining with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

GM - ITC Maurya