“Convenient”
Review of Airport Hotel

Airport Hotel
Ranked #249 of 1,130 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A large number of flights arrive in India at night. This hotel which is 10 minutes from Terminal 3 enables a quick transfer and sleep especially if you have a connecting flight the next morning.
There is a pick up as per request but the greeter is not always easy to find and he calls the vehicle which can take some 10 minutes to arrive.
The hotel is OK for a night and has a basic Indian breakfast. No complimentary bottled water in the room as is normal in Indian hotels. The AC can be noisy
The give a 20% discount in most cases so ask for it.
They also give a free trip back to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 1Bustrav

Reviewed August 21, 2012

If I wasn't a bit desperate to have a place to stay near the airport for one night then I would have probably chosen somewhere else. Unfortunately I didn't get time to read reviews before I checked in here. Echoing the sentiments of other reviews before this, for the price you pay this place isn't worth it. I've stayed in worse places so I'm a bit more tolerant of the prison cell decor they have going on here. The room I stayed in did not have windows but considering I'll be away the whole day I didn't bother much with this. The toilet that came with my room was clean which was good enough for me.

If there is one thing good I can say about this place is that the staff were helpful and accommodating and I wasn't bugged with tips. They allowed me to stay until late afternoon since I was busy running errands in Delhi and couldn't get back in time.

Anyways it was all good but I would probably not stay here again.
They handed me a discount card at check out in case I returned... Discount card anyone?

Room Tip: In case you don't have a choice and must stay here try to bargain with the tout. They can usual...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel has rats in the hall way (Didnt see it in the room though). Cockroaches in the restaurant. Very untidy interiors & poor quality of room maintenance. Had to stay here, due to a very early morning flight & walk away from the terminal. But will not do this mistake again. They ask you to pay up (full amount) while checking in.

Room Tip: Just dont stay. If you cant avoid, inspect the rooms first.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank prasanna s
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here because we were getting an early morning connecting flight. We should have stayed at the airport- there are excellent lounges and bars there which would be far superior to this place.

The room was dirty, the bathroom was dirty, the food was awful and there was little choice, the doors did not lock and were so flimsy that it was impossible to feel secure. On top of this the service was truly awful, tips were demanded for very little.

If there was a fire, we would have died, the internal layout of the hotel is mud brick, poorly laid out and it was not clear that there was any fire escape.

On top of everything, it was expensive when compared to european hotels never mind Indian ones!

Do not stay here- it's not even that convenient as it is miles from the international terminal- it's an experience you just don't need to have.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Miketv75
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was at the airport to catch an early morning flight, the airport metro train stops running at around 11pm so I was at T1 in the evening hoping for somewhere to stay near the terminal. I was relieved to see in big writing "Airport Hotel" just opposite over the road from the car park. At the check in counter I was asked to pay over 4,000 IR just for one night! The place seemed nice enough, been to worse places - but I think they take advantage of tourists who need to catch an early flight!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Dirty, smelly, dirty sheets, had to wash the bathroom myself again. Creepy service and building. Didn't feel safe. No cable. The routter was so old that my laptop did not recognize the W-LAN, left the hotel after 5 hours.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were coerced into staying at this hotel by a "friendly" airport employee. What a dump. I had never had the experience of staying in a windowless prison cell but I think I can say I have now. I think the only way this hotel still exists is by touts on high commissions. We should have turned around and refused to stay but we were both jet-lagged and ill so we were quite vulnerable. If you have the chance, turn around and get out there quick.

Room Tip: run away, do not stay here
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple