“Great refuge for early morning flights, comes at a price!”
Review of Airport Hotel

Airport Hotel
Ranked #276 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great refuge for early morning flights, comes at a price!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was at the airport to catch an early morning flight, the airport metro train stops running at around 11pm so I was at T1 in the evening hoping for somewhere to stay near the terminal. I was relieved to see in big writing "Airport Hotel" just opposite over the road from the car park. At the check in counter I was asked to pay over 4,000 IR just for one night! The place seemed nice enough, been to worse places - but I think they take advantage of tourists who need to catch an early flight!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Dirty, smelly, dirty sheets, had to wash the bathroom myself again. Creepy service and building. Didn't feel safe. No cable. The routter was so old that my laptop did not recognize the W-LAN, left the hotel after 5 hours.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

melbourne
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were coerced into staying at this hotel by a "friendly" airport employee. What a dump. I had never had the experience of staying in a windowless prison cell but I think I can say I have now. I think the only way this hotel still exists is by touts on high commissions. We should have turned around and refused to stay but we were both jet-lagged and ill so we were quite vulnerable. If you have the chance, turn around and get out there quick.

Room Tip: run away, do not stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Could not walk on the carpet as it was dirty and stained. The bath had no curtain so by the time I finished the bath the entire floor was wet. For the same price you can get much better accommodation around a KM away. No hot water in the sink. Very smelly. Definitely will never go to this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Vinay_Ames
Gebenstorf, Switzerland
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We needed a hotel for one night coz we had a stop in delhi. The room was expensive. The check in took so long, that we thought we need an extra visa for the hotel. After we checked in and a man showed us our room, he stayed in our room until we gave him a tip. After we gave him 100 Rps. he was jokin and he said, that is not even 1 Dollar.
The next morning after the check out, the same guy carried my bag into the taxi and asked for another tip. I just shut the door and was happy to leave this place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Matthias P
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I needed to stay in an airport hotel to catch a connecting flight. The website is extremely misleading. The room had no window, there was mold everywhere, it smelled bad and the staff demanded (not just expected) a tip for every move. For this price you would get a pretty decent room in Europe. Avoid this place!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank lrmrfr
Singapore
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed there only because I hadn't book anything else till the last moment, and delhi is not really a place where you can walk-in (given the size of the city)
The reviews had pulled my expectations way down, and was expecting the worst service. Arguably, the stay wasn't that bad. But then again, that was because I used this hotel only to dump my luggage, as we did a night out in the city.
But I could very well feel that the staff wasn't too helpful, the price is too high for the kind of stay (4000 INR per night for a standard room).
The only good thing is, that they provide a drop off, but then again, that is only 10 minutes away, and they do not give you a pick up which they should, given the fact that Delhi is a very unsafe city once it turns dark.

A tip - I got the feeling that if you bargain with them over the phone in advance, they will either slash their prices by upto 15%, or provide a pickup (v useful) or both.

Room Tip: Though I didn't do it, but I got the feeling that if you bargain with them over the phone in adv...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple