“Just do it!”

Farheen Cooking Classes Delhi
Ranked #4 of 217 Shopping in New Delhi
More attraction details
Owner description: We Offers Delhi Cooking Class, Culinary Class New Delhi with Touch of Culture and heritage. Come and See the Real Life style, Cultures and aromas of Delhi with us. Let us make your Indian experience as simple as Get Set and Go. We do a many kinds of Interesting & special interest tours in New Delhi which include food tours, Tea Tasting Tour, Spice Tour, Shopping Tours along with the Cooking Classes. In These tours, Tourist can experience & explore authentic Indian cuisine, Local Home visit and Culture of India. We are flexible for the guest Suggestions.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful experience taking a class with Farheen. The class was a perfect mx of cooking, chatting, and getting a glimpse into what it is really like to live in Delhi. The food was delicious, and the recipes are simple enough to replicate once back at home in the US. It was also interesting talking to Farheen's husband who runs a tour company and is extremely knowledgeable about all things travel in India. I highly recommend Farheen's class to all visitors to Delhi - she is an impressive and gracious lady, and we were lucky to spend time with her and her family!

1  Thank abochicchio
in 9 reviews
"delicious dishes"
"sabzi"
in 3 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"week trip"
"an amazing experience"
in 5 reviews
"business trip"

Reviewed November 20, 2014

A colleague and I visited Farheen in October to take her cooking class. We had her arrange a driver and that is good as we did as it was a bit hard to find. The neighborhood was unexpected and we had to locate her husband on the balcony to find the building. We walked up a few flights of stairs where we entered her home. She has a small kitchen that can accommodate 4 chefs in addition to herself. Another gal joined us. We had fun learning about the Indian dishes and trying some new flavors. Subsequent to the class we searched out the spices to bring back to the US. We met her family and enjoyed our time together. However, at the end when we were to pay the price she had given me, as a travel agent, went up in front of the others. I felt misled. It was a fun time and I would likely do it again. I have already recommended it to others who are now traveling to India. Thanks Farheen.

Reviewed November 17, 2014

I was looking for a special experience -- something unique -- to break up my long days of tramping around Delhi from archaeological site to museum to monument...and I was thrilled when I found Farheen's Cooking Class. I emailed her right away and, happily, she was able to accommodate me the very next day. Together, we made Masala Chai, paneer paratha, baigan bhartha, dhal, zeera rice -- it was all wonderful and so fresh! It was a fantastic change of pace to cook in a real home rather than in an instructional/institutional setting and Farheen was both gracious and welcoming. She is not a professional chef, but she is a skilled cook and a capable instructor. Farheen also provided a guided tour of the Spice Market in Old Delhi -- which was a terrific experience -- by the end of the day, I felt like I had spent the day out in an amazing place with a wonderful new acquaintance from whom I learned a great deal.

2  Thank 003KatS
Reviewed November 14, 2014

We loved Farheen! We were looking for a quick cooking class that would be easy to bring back home to make for our friends, and Farheen provided! She created a menu that fit our cooking class desires, and together we made chicken masala, chapati, basmati rice, lentils, and masala chai. She is a great teacher, with a cozy house for cooking lessons, and taught me how to make the best chicken I've ever had :) If you only have a few days in Delhi, this was a great experience, I would definitely recommend.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 2, 2014

I love Indian food and cooking is my passion. Fahreen cooking classes are more than just cooking though… You meet different people from all over the world, share thoughts about food, travelling, India in general. I was really happy with the cooking classes.
She organized a taxi for me and my husband (who visited Akshardham temple – really close to her home) while I visited the cooking class. She invited him to have lunch with us after the cooking finished.
The only minus was the taxi transfer she organized for us – pretty expensive and the driver was rude and his English was not good. Anyway… great experience and recommended to everyone who likes cooking and Indian food.