“a good hotel in heart of delhi”
Review of Silver Ferns Hotel

Silver Ferns Hotel
Ranked #619 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 29, 2010

silver ferns is ideally located in saket near to pvr saket community hall .The hotel has the best in class service , the staff is very polite and efficient .Rooms are pretty well and cozy .The bed is awesome ....

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Dear Sir
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in New Delhi. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, Guest Feedback encourage us in improving our service.It is our endavour to provide you best of the services while you stay in our hotel. As our guest's satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at our hotel.

Thanks and Regards
Budget India Holidays

Reviewed May 14, 2009

I stayed at this place for a couple of nights and it was not the best experience i had.

the rooms are ok, and the bathrooms are small.

It's supposed to be a botuiqe hotel, but it fails to live up to any expectations.

it is located bang in the heart of a business district, so that is some saving grace. If getting a good night's sleep is ALL that you are looking for, you may consider this place.

However, for the price u pay, there are many, faaaaarrrr better places on offer.

I'd give it a miss.

PS: Dont even bother with the food. just step out and into one of the MANY restraunts that are a hop skip and jump away.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 10, 2009

I was surprised at some of the negative reviews for this hotel because I really liked it. My room was clean and modern. The hotel is not located in a central part of Delhi, which, to my pleasant surprise, I liked. It provided me with an opportunity to walk around a more residential area that one normally would not see if staying in a more central area. It is off a plaza with stores, theatres, (too many) chain restaurants as well as some independent ones. The garbage on the plaza the following morning was substantial (but it gets cleaned up).

I agree with the other reviews about not getting the hotel to call you a taxi - they gouge you big time. There is a taxi stand diagonally across the plaza just past the movie theatres. Rates there are good. I simply walked over to the taxi stand, negotiated a good rate, and asked them to come and get me at the hotel (so I didn't have to lug my bags there).

The breakfast was okay. Nothing amazing, and the dining room itself is not terribly inviting.

I stayed here for one night only as the last night of a tour (supposedly because it's closer to the airport than more "central" hotels, but I'm not sure that there's really much of a difference). Because I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour, I don't know what kind of rate was charged, so can't comment on value in that regard.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo

Dear Sir

Thanks and Regards
Budget India Holidays

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 6, 2009

• Stayed: January 2009

Reviewed January 3, 2009

Wife and I stayed here for 2 nightsbefore tour of Rajistan and 2 at the end.Before we go I read reviews as I always do to see what other travelers say about places where we stay.
We have to disagree with nearly all who give Silver Ferns such bad opinion.
Hotel is 35 minutes from airport.Rooms are very pleasent and tastefuly decorated.Good aircondition.Tea,coffee facilities.Fridge was out of order.Complimentary 2 bottles of drinking water a day..
Basic breakfast but you can order eggs made to to your requirenats.
No ham,sausages or cheese.Next door to hotel is a pub (serving food but really bad one).Outside hotel you find chinesee restaurant,pizza hut and a subway as well as McDonald and 7/11 store.Reception staff was pleasent and helpfull.Honestly its nothing wrong with Silver Ferns.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Our Rajistahan tour started at the Silver Ferns Hotel.
I guess it is an OK one night stop, it is in a small market area crammed with Western eateries like Mc Donalds and Subway a 7 Eleven and right next door to an Irish Pub.
The rooms are adaquate and seemed clean.
Breakfast was a very meagre buffet in the basement, the room was not inviting and the food even less so.
We asked the porter to call us a taxi to go into New Delhi, they tried to tell us the fare was RP1000, we thought his too high and tried to pay the driver directly at the end of our ride only to find the hotel had told him they were settling the bill.
Our return taxi was only RP400; the hotel front desk tried to charge us the RP1000 but we refused and paid them RP500 after lengthy argument. (we learnt they only gave the drive RP400 and were trying to keep the rest for themselves).
Unless your tour starts at this hotel I would not recomend it, you can do much better as it is barely three star in my oppinion.
Possitive note: it is handy to ATM's and 7 Eleven

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2008

We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour. The hotel was clean and comfortable and breakfast was great. Don't think it really deserved the 4 star rating maybe 3- 31/2 would be more appropriate.
Location was good but a fair distance from central Delhi.
Some hotel staff were helpful others were snooty with no reason to be.
Would stay there again

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)