“Shanti Home - Lovely Home Away From Hom”
Review of Shanti Home

Shanti Home
Ranked #4 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I had an amazing three night stay here and loved it. I was greeted upon my arrival at the airport by an amazing tour guide name Sanjay that i booked through the hotel. I really recommend him. He was excellent and gave me an amazing 2 day tour of Delhi and Agra. He was knowledgeable and extremely sweet and kind. He's a great guide and anyone would love him!!
My stay at Shanti Home was great, the food at the restaurant was excellent (although a bit pricey ) but worth it and beautiful atmosphere with candles on the outdoor rooftop. The staff was amazing, everyone went above and beyond and made me feel at home! They answered every question i had and made me feel safe and taken care of especially being a female solo traveler. I strongly recommend, the rooms and bathroom was great and clean and a/c worked well. Had a great massage at the spa and enjoyed the character and style of the hotel. You can tell that a lot of care and heart goes into this charming hotel. The only small drawback is that it is a bit out of the way from the central part of delhi and in traffic can take a 20-30 minutes but otherwise a perfect stay!! Thank you all !!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Jennifer_pz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed at the Shanti Home on the last night of a three wee tour of India, where we had mixed hotel experiences. From the minute we got out the car, the welcome was lovely, I was especially impressed at the fact that when we said we had a flight next day to London the staff knew the exact details of the flight and said they would book a car to get us to the airport in good time. The room was lovely (Bombay Masala). I was receovering from a bout of illness so slept most of the day in the very comfortable bed. The meal in the lovely rooftop restaurant was delicious, my tandoori chicken was a treat and the staff were very courteous and attentive. Wi Fi on each floor with access to a laptop and beautful soaps in the bathroom topped off a delightful stay and a perfect end to our trip. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Delhi

1  Thank girl12
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We would like to add our voices to the chorus of praise for this hotel.
It is like staying in the home of a very nice and welcoming family.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank FamilyEUropeans
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We stayed here for five nights and they could not have been more helpful in ensuring that our stay was enjoyable.

The roof top restaurant was excellent and the room was very satisfactory.

The thing that sets this hotel apart from other options is the service. As well as organising everything that we required while in Delhi, they also took the trouble to repatriate items that we had accidentally left behind at no extra charge.

Despite a location which is some way out from the centre, the metro is easily accessible and the hotel will help you find your way on the first trip.

Overall, a very pleasant stay which compares well with the best that Delhi has to offer.

2  Thank AJGJersey
Reviewed October 24, 2010

All the highlights of these reviews are certainly worth repeating but I'll focus on our special circumstances. We arrived here at the end of a two week trip and I wasn't feeling well after some probably food-born illness. The hotel is beautiful, in a quieter more residential neighborhood of delhi, but was very welcome when what I wanted to do most was rest. We took a cooking class, which was a lot of fun and very informative (you get to keep your recipes)! Unfortunately, my wife got sick our last night and was dizzy and slipped on the stairs and hurt her ankle. The staff rushed in and put some ointment on it and wrapped it up and offered to take us to the doctor. It was also my birthday which I had not announced in any way, and they showed up with a cake and sang happy birthday. We ended up staying an extra day which was no problem to rest up for our flight and they were very accomodating. I would definitely stay here again, hopefully feeling better next time.

2  Thank globetrotterJM
Reviewed October 22, 2010

How good a hotel is depends for the most part on the quality of its staff and Shanti Home has staff who are genuinely friendly (not obsequious as can frequently be found in larger, more impersonal hotels), interested and helpful - I cannot praise them enough.
The hotel is well appointed but does not have all those features which are the norm in the big chains - no minibar in each room (a good thing), no TV in each room - just the one in the lounge (neither a good nor a bad thing). There is free internet access for those who cannot live without their regular fix.
The rooftop restaurant provided for all our gastronomic needs and I can strongly recommend the food.
Although situated in very unusual surroundings for a hotel catering mainly for foreign visitors, one soon forgets about its environs such is the service and the product which is provided by the owners and their very friendly and solicitous staff. The nearest Metro station is about 300 yards away and it then takes about 20 minute to reach the centre of New Delhi on this newly built system. The service is efficient and comfortable with air-conditioned carriages, far better than the London Underground!
In chatting with Mr Verma, the owner, and his wife, we learnt that he is soon to open a similar hotel in Goa. I look forward to its completion and hope to visit there in the not-too-distant future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Guernsey_Tom
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Shanti Home lives up to its name and has a great feel about it. The decor gives you the true feel of India with the best of facilites. The shower deserves a special mention! But everything about the place made us feel at home. The staff were great and coudn't do enough for us, whether it was a late night dinner on the atmospheric roof top terrace or a snack in front of the TV watching the Commonwealth Games!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends