“A real gem”
Review of Shanti Home

Shanti Home
Ranked #5 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed November 26, 2013

A fantastic boutique hotel with comfortable and well decorated rooms, free Wi-Fi, extremely friendly and helpful staff and a beautiful rooftop restaurant - eating a meal under the stars while watching wedding night fireworks explode all over Delhi was a real experience! We also had live Indian music in the restaurant one night, and enjoyed watching the chef prepare our meals.

This hotel was a brilliant introduction to India and set the bar for the rest of our trip - highly recommended. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rozeebee

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful and went to great lengths to make our stay a comfortable and hassle free experience. We found the rooms to be spacious clean and tastefully decorated. The rooftop restaurant provides a very relaxing oasis from the hurly-burly of the Delhi streets. The restaurant provided excellent food both in the evenings and at breakfast. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Shanti Home to any traveller to Delhi.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed November 21, 2013

As the previous reviews testify this is a really excellent little boutique hotel with exceptional staff who couldn't be more friendly and obliging. The rooms are clean, spacious and nicely decorated with very comfortable beds. The rooftop restaurant serves excellent food with the chefs very accommodating to any kind of dietary requirement. The hotel is in west Delhi and will take you approximately 20 to 30 minutes to get into the centre by taxi/tuk tuk, traffic dependent. You can also take the metro. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TTP10
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed at Shanti Home on 02 & 08 November as part of a tour to India and on both occasions we were sorry to leave. The staff are fantastic, understanding what guests want and making a point of providing things before you even realise that you need them. The rooms are comfortable with lovely furniture and the ever-needed air-con. The food that is served in the Lantern Restaurant is the tastiest food we had in India and also some of the most reasonably priced. I really can't say enough about how fab this place is - as a first impression of what Indian hospitality has to offer, and as a "home-away-from-home" when arriving back from places that take you out of your comfort zone. Definitely worth adding to your itinerary in Delhi

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I decided to stay at a hotel in Delhi this past September as my flight was arriving very late, and I didn't want to trouble my friends at that hour. I booked Shanti Home based on the reviews I read here. The taxi was on time to pick me up at the airport, and took me straight to the hotel. The staff showed me around a little before taking me to my room. The room was extremely beautiful and clean. I was very tired, and it was very late so Pooja, the manager had told me I could check out an hour late.
The bed was so very comfortable. I had never seen anything like this before in India or elsewhere for that matter. Shanti Home is just an exquisite boutique hotel and for anyone, especially those new to India, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I keep returning to Shanti Home and every time I'm so impressed with service and hospitality. Arriving at the front door is starting to have the same feeling as coming home - a rare feeling in a hotel!! Airport/train station pickup and drop off is always smooth (even when I exit the wrong way or forget which way to turn after a long trip, the driver miraculously finds me!). The staff are stellar and really go out of their way to make you feel at home. Even with last minute trip changes Pooja is able to keep me sorted and on schedule. Wifi is solid, I've spent hours skyping without a glitch. As a frequent solo traveller to India I always look forward to my time in Delhi because I know I'm going to be well taken care of. By this point I think I've stayed in almost every room and they're all great, super clean, good air con and have spotless showers/toilets. These past few visits I've had a massage, which I definitely recommend, the masseuse is fantastic and it's the perfect treat after a long flight or train journey. Breakfast is always great, don't be shy and go for a second cup of coffee, or try the indian breakfast snacks, the staff are more than happy to indulge you! And do have dinner on the rooftop, the food is amazing, the service attentive and it's so nice to just chill and look out over Delhi. I can't wait to return to Shanti Home, and to bring friends and family along to experience the amazing hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank AdventureSparrow
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This place is amazing! The staff are totally committed to ensuring you enjoy your stay. The rooms are beautifully decorated, there are lounges with couches and laptops, free wi-if and The Lantern rooftop restaurant which makes the best food we have eaten in India to date!
I cannot rate this hotel and restaurant highly enough and I will definitely return for another stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends