Shanti Home
$96
$110
$127
$88
The Imperial Hotel(New Delhi)
$164
$133
$95
$86
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$214
$63
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $77/night.

$110
$81
Priceline
$143
$122
Priceline
1,183 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantyoga roomtandoori ovenboutique hotelan oasissmall hotelmetro stationcentral delhicommon areasfirst stopbusy cityindia tripbreakfast and dinnerairport pickuplong flightdriveragra
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our arrival at Shanti Home was warm and welcoming, especially after a long day of travel. However, before booking this place, there are a few things you should know.

Firstly, the location is terrible. It is a good 35-45 minutes on the metro to get to Connaught Place. The walk to the metro station is another 10 minutes, and through some pretty bustling and busy streets (both vehicles and people). I found this to be a massive inconvenience and if I had known this were the case, would have stayed somewhere closer.

The rooms are nice, however there is no TV in them. I know this isn't really a huge deal, but it is nice to unwind at the end of the day by watching some TV as I head to bed. The only TV is located in a communal lounge room on level 2.

The rooftop restaurant food is tasty, however fairly limited and quite pricey considering Indian prices. The rooftop itself is nice and the waiters are very attentive.

I'm not sure if this was just India itself, but the staff seemed to be trying almost too hard to service your every needs in the hope you would tip them. I'm not sure if this was just me, but the way the staff came across, although helpful and attentive, seemed to have an underlying motive.

The only other negative was the cost of the rooms per night. I think the prices are a little high considering the above mentioned factors.

Overall, I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to the traveller wanting to explore the sights of Delhi with minimal fuss. The distance outside of the main areas of Delhi was far too much of an inconvenience for me.

Room Tip: Level 2 has the TV. Level 4 is the rooftop.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brizzz
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was a fantastic boutique hotel that is beautifully decorated and maintained. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and we were even escorted to the nearby metro station over a terrifying main road! It has a stunning rooftop restaurant and bar serving fantastic food (almost as good as food from best restaurant in Delhi). The only downside is its distance from Connaught Place and Old Delhi (30-40 minutes minimum by taxi or metro) but otherwise would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We arrived late at night and were a little unsure of the place - it seemed very bright and although we were shown around, it seemed to lack the welcome we had received at other places, however we certainly changed our minds the next morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful, someone even came to the metro with us and sorted our tickets out. The breakfast was lovely and all freshly made but the highlight was the divali dinner, The owners invited us to join in with their celebrations and made us feel very welcome. The food was excellent and the rooftop restaurant was the place to view all the fireworks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margaret5510
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Shanti Home on our first visit to India in October this year. It was our first stop on a long trip, and we treated ourself to the two day package complete with sightseeing round Delhi, airport transfers, dinner, massage and trip to Agra.

I have to say that this hotel deserves all of the excellent ratings it receives on trip advisor. Service was very efficient - Pooja on reception was great before and during our trip. We were collected without fuss from the airport early in the morning, greeted at this little haven with flowers, namaste, juice and tea, and given an early check in to our room.

The room was huge, cool and clean. The entire hotel is beautifully furnished, our room included, and wifi works well everywhere.

Our drivers for our two day trips were great, the cars were clean and air conditioned and recommendations from the drivers were good. We even got a packed lunch from the hotel.

The massages were...vigourous...but just what we needed after the long flight, we felt great afterwards.

The rooftop restaurant is just amazing. Then food is absolutely delicious and the ambience is lovely, a great place to retreat after a day's sightseeing.

The hotel owner and the chef make a special effort to come out and talk to guests in the evening which is a really nice touch and makes you feel valued.

My hat comes off especially for the wonderful staff here - smiley, helpful, professional and efficient. I left my phone in my room on my day of departure and had to drive back for it. The staff meanwhile had turned the room over, found my phone, and were waiting for me at the hotel gate with a big smile when I arrived back, hassled and worried.

Congratulations Shanti Home - we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nat_W2DWTK
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Once I found Shanti Home on TripAdvisor, I felt comfortable traveling alone to Delhi after a week for business elsewhere in India. Shanti Home did not disappoint. I was picked up at the airport and greeted warmly in the hotel. After a day of sight-seeing, dinner was fabulous, and the guests talkative and interesting. Everyone was friendly, so I did not feel as though I were dining alone. The trip to Agra and back made for a long day, but my driver took great care of me! The massage was wonderful; a perfect end to a whirlwind tour and a great way to begin my long journey back. I highly recommend Shanti Home. My only regret is that I could not have stayed longer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo