“A lovely little hotel”
Review of Shanti Home

Shanti Home
Ranked #5 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We arrived late at night and were a little unsure of the place - it seemed very bright and although we were shown around, it seemed to lack the welcome we had received at other places, however we certainly changed our minds the next morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful, someone even came to the metro with us and sorted our tickets out. The breakfast was lovely and all freshly made but the highlight was the divali dinner, The owners invited us to join in with their celebrations and made us feel very welcome. The food was excellent and the rooftop restaurant was the place to view all the fireworks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margaret5510
There are newer reviews for Shanti Home

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Shanti Home on our first visit to India in October this year. It was our first stop on a long trip, and we treated ourself to the two day package complete with sightseeing round Delhi, airport transfers, dinner, massage and trip to Agra.

I have to say that this hotel deserves all of the excellent ratings it receives on trip advisor. Service was very efficient - Pooja on reception was great before and during our trip. We were collected without fuss from the airport early in the morning, greeted at this little haven with flowers, namaste, juice and tea, and given an early check in to our room.

The room was huge, cool and clean. The entire hotel is beautifully furnished, our room included, and wifi works well everywhere.

Our drivers for our two day trips were great, the cars were clean and air conditioned and recommendations from the drivers were good. We even got a packed lunch from the hotel.

The massages were...vigourous...but just what we needed after the long flight, we felt great afterwards.

The rooftop restaurant is just amazing. Then food is absolutely delicious and the ambience is lovely, a great place to retreat after a day's sightseeing.

The hotel owner and the chef make a special effort to come out and talk to guests in the evening which is a really nice touch and makes you feel valued.

My hat comes off especially for the wonderful staff here - smiley, helpful, professional and efficient. I left my phone in my room on my day of departure and had to drive back for it. The staff meanwhile had turned the room over, found my phone, and were waiting for me at the hotel gate with a big smile when I arrived back, hassled and worried.

Congratulations Shanti Home - we can't wait to come back.

1  Thank Nat_W2DWTK
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Once I found Shanti Home on TripAdvisor, I felt comfortable traveling alone to Delhi after a week for business elsewhere in India. Shanti Home did not disappoint. I was picked up at the airport and greeted warmly in the hotel. After a day of sight-seeing, dinner was fabulous, and the guests talkative and interesting. Everyone was friendly, so I did not feel as though I were dining alone. The trip to Agra and back made for a long day, but my driver took great care of me! The massage was wonderful; a perfect end to a whirlwind tour and a great way to begin my long journey back. I highly recommend Shanti Home. My only regret is that I could not have stayed longer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed November 11, 2012

we have nothing but praise for the staff of shanti home ,we were met at the airport on time with a smile and namaste
we hired the hotel car and a day out was organised for us to see what delhi has too offer
the food is excellent andnothing was too much bother we even had a 3-30 am breakfast before departing .Excelent visit i hope to return christina Folliard

Room Tip: lower rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We started out here on a recent trip to India and we would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting Delhi.

The hotel itself is a little outside the centre so a taxi or metro is the best way to get in, but it is therefore quieter. The rooms are great, very clean and the rooftop restaurant is lovely with fantastic food. The hotel can organise tourist site visits and the friendly staff are happy to help you with anything.

We would happily go back if we ever found ourselves in Delhi again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Shanti Home offers incredible service, has unique and cosy rooms, everything on the menu of the rooftop restaurant is delicious and if you cross across the main road there is a vibrant, friendly neighbourhood to stroll through. Also really easy access to the centre via the Metro or very cheap in a taxi.

1  Thank tomdjenkinson
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Before my friend and I arrived at the Shanti home in October I knew it was gong to be a fantastic stay. We were picked up by a driver provided by the hotel who was excellent and introduced us to the exciting roads of Dheli. We arrived safely at the Shanti home and received the most fantastic welcome I have ever received when arriving at a hotel. All the staff at the Shanti were kind and friendly and always happy to help. Including taking us and collecting us from the metro station. The food and atmosphere on the roof terrace was amazing . I would recommend the cooking lesson which was lots of fun.
I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends