“Personal and small, a safe haven in Delhi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shanti Home

Shanti Home
Ranked #4 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India
“Personal and small, a safe haven in Delhi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've stayed at Shanti Home several times. The service is perfect, although the staff can almost be overwhelmingly attentive. This can be found in many places in India though, where the selling point is personal service.

There are no TVs in the room, but there's a nice TV lounge, where you can also get your dinner delivered if you'd like.

The tiny spa gives good ayurvedic massages, but they need to be booked in advance.

One major perk is the roomservice breakfast where you can choose any item. The hotel does anything to accomodate your wishes. I don't know if it was the summer special last time I stayed that made it included in my room price, but it was nice nonetheless.

One drawback is that the rooftop restaurant (the only restaurant in the hotel) is very cold in the winter and extremely hot in the summer...

Even though it takes around 20 min to get to and from the airport, Shanti Home is still located on the "right" side of the city from the airport.

All in all this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I've found that there's not much need to pay the premium for the more expensive rooms. The b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sofia O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've just signed up on a tripadvisor account after having been traveling for the majority of 2012...thus, my review is a bit far from my stay but I can absolutely say that Shanti Home made me want to start writing reviews in the first place! I loved this boutique hotel experience. The place is gorgeous, spaces are well appointed, and the staff is uber friendly and helpful. I have visited Delhi many times, and was dreading coming back from Agra to catch my early morning flight the next day. I booked Shanti Home at the last moment after I found good reviews on TripAdvisor and I can say --- I actually did not want to leave! The room was lovely and clean, the rooftop spectacular and the food offerings were delicious. I cannot speak to the neighborhood or its overall convenience of location - other than it was a short and traffic free ride to the airport. The manager was kind enough to have cappuccino, cookies and fruit brought to my room before I checked out --- at 5:30am. Now that I have found this place, Delhi has a whole new inviting light and I plan to be back. Thank you, Shanti Home!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ergothedesign
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Attracted by the reviews from Trip Advisor I could not believe how Shanti Home seems to get away with the rates they ask for. For a luxury room (nice and clean but nothing special) ca. Euro 120,00 (off-season! is really a lot considering that you have to travel a long way to central Delhi.
The people working there are extremely nice and helpful and it really feels like a Home. But out of curiosity I checked the rates of two nice colonial hotels in Delhi and the rate of one was even lower than Shanti Home. How this can be justifies I do not know.
Shanti Home is a really nice and special guest house if you want to be closer to the airport but for sight-seeing in Delhi I would never choose it again. The restaurant prices are also exaggerated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lisa S
Tunbridge Wells, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the first night of our first trip to India. We arrived at 7 a.m. in the morning after an overnight lfight and were immediately offered our room. The hotel is about 45 minutes from Central Delhi but the jouney there was an experience in itself - chaotic traffic and a colourful kaleidescope of Indian life on both sides of the road! It was a nice place to come home to and the rooftop restaurant was relaxing and served very reasonable food. The staff were friendly and helpful and we would definitely recommend it as a goodstarting point of any Indian trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Graham2109
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife stayed here for two days on her way back from Nepal to the States , she was picked up from the airport , they provided transportation to the Taj Mahal and back to the airport . All this was organized online trough emails . I was very concerned because my Wife was traveling by her self , we don’t know India this was the first time in this part of the World and we heard all kind of horror stories . Well there was no reason for us to be worried . Shanti Home rose to the occasion they did everything they have promised online and exceeded all of our expectations , the staff was extremely friendly , the hospitality was at the highest level and the room was clean and spacious . Thank you all at Shanty Home and I highly recommend this Hotel to everybody just a fantastic place to stay and to feel welcome and yes to fell at Home .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Nedeljko S
Akaroa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed here one night en route to Leh. It's a laid back little hotel with generous rooms, good facilities and nice common areas on each floor.

They were great to deal with online and easy to organise transport to and from airport with. I checked in early (no problem) and ate in the rooftop restaurant, which provides good views across the neighbourhood.

It is slightly out of the way, but finding transport in Delhi is rarely a problem.

The staff are helpful and the price is reaonable. I'd go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Premium Room. It's worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Manuhiri
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the start of our 2 week Rustic India tour and can't say enough good things about this hotel!! The room was quite big & spotless, the staff extremely helpful & friendly and the food from the restaurant on the roof top was probably the best we had in India!! As we were with a group we had a small reception on the first night with lots of little goodies & fun!! Highly recommend this place!!

Stayed September 2012