“The Worst Stay EVER”

Hotel Mandakini Palace
Ranked #492 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I am not a person to write bad reviews, but the horrible facilities of this hotel have warranted this review. Before I begin you should know there are much better hotels in the locality at the same price, like Sunstar Heights whose rooms are much much better than this lousy place (pardon the harsh language, but compared to the treatment I received there I think it is a euphemism).

First of all finding this hotel is really difficult. When after great difficulty we managed to find it in a dingy lane, the room we were allotted didn't have a latch in the bathroom and was not clean. We were offered few other rooms, all of whom had leakages in the toilets and were dirty. We finally manged to find a better room.

This room too was really dirty. The taps leaked. Our room was never cleaned. Garbage bins were not cleared. We were promised wifi but it never had connectivity. Everyday they promised they would get it fixed, but it never was.

My advice DO NOT STAY here. DO NOT.

Room Tip: Do Not stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank conraddnoronha
hotelmandakini95, Director of Sales at Hotel Mandakini Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

We believe in partnering with our guests and consider their opinion as a source of opportunity which enables us to raise the quality of our products and services. Hence, we ensure to reconsider our product where we have any scope of improvement.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

i was came here for my business trip , i found here reception was very cooperative and wi-fi was good range in my room , food quality was also good, at the end of the day i want recommend this hotel for business propose

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Were put up in this hotel, thanks to Hotel Southern. We checked in at Southern and they allotted us rooms in this hotel. First hand experience was not nice. We were supposed to be picked up from the New Delhi Railway Station and they had all details of our arrival but the cab left about 10 minutes after we arrived at the station. We waited more than half an hour at the station waiting for the pick up. On arriving at Southern, noticed that a group got rooms in the hotel and we didn't have any rooms in Southern but instead were moved to Mandakini, their sister venture. On checking into Mandakini, the lift wouldn't work at the first instance, it was fine later though. We were stuck in the lift for 3-4 minutes. The front desk guy was not pleasant either on seeing us stuck in the lift. The room was not very big, there was supposed to be a refrigerator that wouldn't work. We ordered for a bottle of mineral water which was served hot (not warm). We didn't have the refrigerator working to cool it. The good thing about this hotel was it was close to the shopping area of Karol Bagh and there were some good eating joints near by at 5 minutes walk. Otherwise nothing great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

i think the stay at Mandakini Palace was above average for the price in comparison to many other Delhi hotels I have stayed with. The room are clear. The people at the hotel are pretty good. Overall, a good value for YOUR money. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SatyajitMishra
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was booked room at mandakini palace,but after reaching there i was been told that booking is made in hotel adand which is also owned by mandakini's owner.this was really frustrating thing.and services at hotel anand was not fine as i booked by seeing mandakini's ratings.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only for one night and as requested we where move to another hotel by the tour company. Dinner and Breakfast where served in a make shift hall and they where brought from outside, pretty sure they got it from some cheap place. Myself and two other in the group caught stomach bug form the food. Icing on the cake was that hot water stopped in the morning, repeated calls to reception went unanswered, then I went upto the receoption in my towel, the guy was hiding under the reception. He said it will be fixed soon and asked me to late, one hour later as we where getting late I ended up not having a shower. On leaving i checked with the reception again, they told me the hot water system cannot be fixed and will need replacing....WHAT! you guys saw me in the towel and asked me to wait until it is fixed..i atleast expected the decency to inform me that it cannot be fixed. What where you thinking, making me stay in towel for ever??

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I booked in Hotel Ananda for 2 nights, but they gave me first night room here becasue of they had Indian crowded group. I think its nice they did for me, because Mandakini was so quite that night. I like the rooms, they have Indian fancy stuff ( like colorful curtain and bed sheet) but it was so clean and beautiful decorated. we ordered food in room and it was delicious food specially Parantha.
The staff were friendly and not so pushy. Mr. Sharma was so helpful guy.
Like this hotel for Delhi trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple