“' Tej Abode '”

Ranked #74 of 1,095 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“' Tej Abode '”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lovely property . Well located with shops and eateries close by. The rooms are very clean with all the amenities except a hair dryer. Safe, warm and the staff very courteous, ever ready to help 24/7. Bhawna is very prompt in her correspondence. Would recommend the place anytime.

Room Tip: Executive suite is big and nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your warm words..............it was nice seeing you enjoy the property.

Noted that our dryer did not meet your specs......but I do hope the salon downstairs[ reasonable and good service] was a decent substitute.

We look forward to having you over some time soon again.

Spread the cheer,
Bhawna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had a memorable experience at Tej Abode. The bed and breakfast was recommended by a friend who had stayed over three years ago, and I can only say good things about my stay. Correspondence was prompt, and very flexible. I had to cancel my trip to Delhi and booked another stay at a later time, and it was not a problem at all, Bhawna was very accommodating with the booking. When my friend and I arrived our room was upgraded to a super double deluxe. I ended up staying 5 nights in Delhi instead of the original two - I liked it that much! The staff was very friendly and warm, the food was delicious, especially for a delicate stomach as mine. I was able to also get my clothes washed - definitely a luxury for travel in India. Bhawna and her husband were very kind and welcoming, a pleasure to talk with and share with (I was staying alone for the extended period of time). There is a salon for women downstairs - great services if in need of priming! The place is safe, in a great neighborhood, close to shops, a park, food, fruit vendors. It is not too far from the metro. I definitely feel like I have a place to stay whenever I am back in Delhi, which I hope is soon!

Thank you so much for the hospitality, and the high standards of service!! Definitely recommend. Prices are reasonable, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write this review and for your thoughtful words. It is indeed our pleasure when our guests feel both the sensibilities and sensitivities we strive for at our Bnb.

It was lovely spending time with you and see you soon,

Be well,
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just checking out of this really authentic Indian apartment. I needed a place to stay for a couple of nights before catching a tour and this fit the bill perfectly. The room very clean, my own bathroom with shower and it included breakfast. Access to all transportation is outside the door. The owners couldn't have been kinder. They helped my set up transportation and advised me on what to see here with my time. This is how to see the authentic side of India not just a generic Hotel stay. Oh and I was a single women travelling and I found nothing to worry about. Kudo's to you Tel Abode!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank universdebriot
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was lovely having you over and help you in exploring Delhi a little with the time in hand.

Great getting to know you as well. It is re assuring to note that as a single lady you felt absolutely safe and comfortable - means a lot to us.

Be well,
New Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2013

As a guest in the initial process of booking our accommodation , we got in touch with Bhawna. What impressed us was that the entire correspondence was prompt and professional . And , when we arrived we realized none of it was exaggerated. Tej Abode is a lovely warm place and SAFE - as I was a single woman traveling by myself. The property and my room were a elegant fusion of Incredible India with all modern comforts. Bhawna , Vikram and their staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and give fantastic tips to explore Delhi. Will definitely go back again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for such an elaborate and well thought of review. It is the first time some one has mentioned about the correspondence - good to know guests notice and appreciate it. Also , it means a lot that you felt safe and comfortable.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. See you again , soon.

Best and Be Well,
Bhawna and Vikram
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Tej Abode - What a great place to stay! It was like staying in a family home - spacious, yet cozy and the food was delicious. The decor was very thoughtful and I also enjoyed reading in the living room. The Hosts were fantastic and they had some great suggestions on places to visit whilst I was in Delhi. Thanks for a super stay- I will definitely be back and have already recommended your place to my other friends who are coming to Delhi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jen2050
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello there,

Thanks for a great review - glad you enjoyed our hospitality and all the suggestions about the what to explore in Delhi. You know , we try to give recommendations on what to do in Delhi as per our understanding of the guest - So , it feels nice when it works out so well.

Look forward to meeting you again , soon.

Best
Bhawna and Vikram
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent. This place is like a home being away from home one can't feel away from home. All staff r very coperative. Very attentive. Food r so good that gives me feeling that am eating in my house.I feel like that am staying in my own house. Even owner is so cooperative n attentive to each n every aspects of the place.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank satishkwatra
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a heartfelt review and we are extremely glad that you were so comfortable at our place. It is important that the guests feel that this is their own home away from home.

Good luck and Be well,
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed in Tej Abode for two nights in June and it was absolutely wonderful. I usually end up staying with friends or family but I felt more at home here. The food was excellent and served with love. My pet peeve is dirty rooms/linen and I was extremely happy to see the level of cleanliness being maintained at Tej Abode. Would love to stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for a great review!! I am extremely happy to note that our level of hygiene and cleanliness is appreciated - it is a very important aspect of our Bnb for us. As we travel very vividly ourselves it gives a huge insight as to what travelers seek from a homestay.And its nice to know that all our experiences culminate into making our place a glocal destiantion.

Thanks again and see you soon,
Bhawna and vikram.