Prior to my trip, I searched the different Boutique Hotels in Delhi. I came up with this one which ended up being a satisfactory discovery.
Although the location may not appear as convenient (nestled in a residential compound with no access to public transport such as metro or taxi) as it could be for bigger hotels in town, the area was overall quiet and nice.
The Boutique Hotel is a residential building which was rearranged into guest rooms. There are very few amenities, enough to "survive" at least. The room was quite spacious and had a nice view. The general decoration was well chosen, simple and neat, and is an invitation to the local atmosphere. The bed was comfortable as well.
The owner and his reduced team were always helpful, providing sufficient service. However, the prices demanded for taxi (which is the sole means of transport) was exorbitant for India (600 Rps at night to go and come back to any location in the city).
One needs to be aware that there is a railway next door (although I could not clearly locate it) and trains are regularly and fiercely honking at night which can become quite irritating. Furthermore, during the last night, we ended up hearing a young child literally screaming his anger out like an animal being slaughtered. I certainly hope the child had nothing to do with the owners who seem to live in the building but it should be a concern.
There is no restaurant available. However, the staff can cook dishes upon request and having visited the kitchen briefly, it seemed to be quite mouth watering.
Despite of this discomfort, it is a place to discover but it also needs to be carefully weighted against the other Boutique Hotels in Delhi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the backdrop of the spectacular Humayun's Tomb, this beautiful park facing three-story corner building provides a great option for short and long-term stay for anyone visiting Delhi. It is specially suited for United Nations officials, diplomatic staff and corporate executives in New Delhi as it is centrally located. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your B Nineteen (B-19) Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b Nineteen (b-19) Bed And Breakfast
- b Nineteen (b-19) Hotel New Delhi
- b 19 (b-19) Bed & Breakfast