Hotel Ivory Palace
$95
$137
$124
  • Breakfast included
ITC Maurya, New Delhi(New Delhi)
$177
$101
$84
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$287
$160
Agoda.com
$135
$118
All reviewskarol baghsheets and towelsgreat budget hotelgreat hospitalityrecommend this hotelaruncomfort
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The Hotel has well qualified and trained staff which makes your stay comfortable, rooms are neat and clean etc. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of service provided .The people at the Ivory Palace were very helpfull and made my stay very pleasant and comfortable,The cost of staying was also reasonable.

Great room, bathroom was even better. Small but very well maintained and designed. The room was dominated by a big bed and it had one of the most comfortable mattresses I have slept on in a hotel. The overall design of the room was functional, clean, beautiful and welcoming at the same time.Manager"s were too helpful for all our needs.

Room Tip: Corners rooms are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Hotel is booked from my office and i stayed 2 nights over there. The facilities are not worth for what we pay.We can hear loud noices from outside street.The picture showned in the site is different from the real look. They were trying to charge Rs 1000 for extra 2 hours stayed and after bargaining alot they made it to 500. As an indian if it is happend to me , am doubtfull that how they will charge from foreigners. Please aware of such kind of Check out traps, otherwise they will ask for 1 day charges for a couple of hours. I will not recomend this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: Stay if you dont care about value of money
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank nisham123
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Average accommodation facilities with rude Owner. As i am Guest to them , they have the basic responsibility to care. Instead of giving facilities and help, the Owner (The Guy sometimes sitting in reception) is not ready to talk to us and he may doing some work or pooja.Once i asked about taxi and he asked me to wait up to finish his works. Also heavily charged for hiring taxi, it was mid night time and i have no other option to go.They utilized such situations pls aware about that.

Dont order food from the same hotel, it is not hygienic . One advantage is that metro is near to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank Rogit
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Basic accommodation. I've seen worse. It is ok for a few nights. Avoid the food though the restaurant is a hike to the roof top and consists and two dirty plastic tables where you're watched by neighbours....you are a tourist attraction.

We had room service then went to sleep, after about an hour and a half was woken to banging on the door....they wanted the plates back!!

Sheets were two patched together to fit bed. Shower was cold. Curtains had fallen out with the sill, too short.

Sounds bad but it really is ok for a night or two.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Baileysblog
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I can't believe the Government of India Tourist Office sent us there for the price of 2000 Rs. per room and night. The room looked nothing like the picture on their website. It was dirty and full of ants, the window was broken, the sink clogged with hair, the towel torn (there was only one for two people), the blanket disgusting and the sheets full of hair. When we complained about the dirt, one of the receptionists (there are about 20, they sleep on the lobby floor at night) came, passed a towel over the window for 5 seconds and expected a tip.
Since the guys at the reception switch about every 2 hours, it makes no sense to ask for a wake-up call or for a taxi to the airport since the information isn't passed on and nothing ever works out. Some of the staff are very rude. When we got home one night after dark, one of the receptionists was standing in front of the hotel calling out "Hey baby" to us even though we were about to enter the hotel and it was obvious we were guests there. Lots of shady guys in the hallways aswell.
I forgot my phone there and called them the same day. When I got back to Delhi I passed by the hotel and they returned it to me. The receptionist said I owe them a positive review for that. Sorry but I don't think so - thanks for the phone though.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends