“Excellent service at decent price”

Claremont Hotel and Convention Centre
Ranked #257 of 721 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed July 1, 2012

When i recently visited India, my cousins told me to stay at this hotel because the hotel is located in very convenient place. Since I went to Delhi for sight seeing the staff had recommended some nice places for me to see. Overall it was a pleasant experience, thanks you very much guys you made my trip very entertaining.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sunit G

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We booked this banquet/hotel for the wedding of our guests and the service and price was par excellence. You can easily compare it to a 4star facility. We also booked 10 rooms for our guests from Canada and U.S. and they were all very comfortable and happy. We received compliments from each one of them. It is very close to the Metro Station so our guests could go around easily. In short We'll recommend this place for any kind of service, be it wedding,Reception or parties, or just for a stay in any of their rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rakesh S
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for two days. We could not get any 4 star hotel during the time as a trade show was going on in delhi. The travel agent booked this hotel. The hotel is about 8 miles from Gurgoan shopping mall. There is nothing close to the hotel expcept there is a metro station right across and you can take the metro to go to town. The hotel is a simple hotel and the staff is not trained to cater to foreign travellers but they were curteous and try to help you the best they can. The room was basic but clean. The lobby is basic and the cabinets behind the counter looks like are home made. The restaruant is basic and the food is ok.
However the price is good. We paid $100 a night which is a bargain in Delhi. If you do not mind taking the metro or travel for half an hour to get to nearest shooping mall or eating place, then it is a nice basic hotel for you. The value is very good.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cp108
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Claremont Hotel is nestled on the side of the busy Mehrauli-Gurgaon road at the outskirts of Gurgaon. This hotel is a stone's throw from the bustling city of Gurgaon and its numerous offices that are now home to the various multi nationals.

My first visit to this hotel was this year in the latter part of January. I reached quite late on a chilly evening with fog surrounding the city. It was so foggy that the driver of the car could not see beyond 2 vehicles. The hotel staff greeted me and quickly did all the paper work and sent me off to my room which was heated thanks to a convector they had installed.

I had to check my mails and was not carrying my data card; but the hotel's staff quickly activated the wi-fi for me and I was not missing my data card at all. And all this happened around midnight when I least expected.

Morning, I woke up to my alarm on the mobile and tried looking out the window but the view was hampered by thick fog. It could be because it was really really foggy that or perhaps the property was at the outskirts where there is least amount of pollution. I got ready for my meeting and headed down for the buffet breakfast. There was a vast array to chose from the table. My staple diet on the first buffet breakfast is 2 egg omlette which gives me an idea of the chef's ability. This place came up trumps with the perfect masala omlette. Thereafter, I proceeded to fill myself up not knowing when my next meal would be and the waiters were more than happy to hang around my table refilling my coffee cup.

In the middle of my breakfast, I requested one of the waiter if he could help me with a taxi to take me to my first meeting. And I was pleasantly surprised that by the time I finished my meal, the taxi had already been booked and the driver was waiting the lobby for me.

Before I left for the meeting (I still had time to kill) I roamed around the premises and saw the perfectly maintained gardens and the conference rooms. An ideal place for large and medium sized offices to host conferences. There is plenty to do here once the work is done at the end of the day. A quick drive up the MG Road will have you in the midst of Gurgaon's famed malls. People call MG Road here as the Mall Road.

Strongly recommended for office trips and conferences.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2010

A quiet and a nice place to be if you are for a business trip to Delhi. Good service and nice rooms. Being in South Delhi, the locational advantage is also there.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Hotel Claremont, on MG Road in Aya nagar, new delhi is a relatively newer property. It is more of a convention centre, but rooms are clean, sophisticated and very contemporary. I have stayed there a number of times in this and last year.
A bit odd is if your main work is in New delhi, but ideal if working both in south delhi and Gurgaon.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2010

we stayed at the Claremont for 3 night during our round trip. Nice rooms, good and friendly staff. During the wedding season a lot of marriage partys ( nice but loud :) ). overall a good choice in Delhi

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends