“Basic but good value”

Ranked #371 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Victoria
“Basic but good value”
Reviewed January 21, 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights in total (spread over three separate visits). It was organized for us as a part of a car and driver trip. It is what I would call a basic 3 star hotel. The room was clean and well serviced. While it didn’t have a window (looked onto an airshaft) it was quiet. Breakfast was included in our package, was served in the room and was OK. Could have upgraded it at an extra cost. Staff were friendly and helpful. The bed only had a bottom sheet and blanket but staff were happy to provide a top sheet.

Location is OK. Relatively quiet street with markets at one end of street. A number of reasonable restaurants in the street and internet cafes nearby. Felt quite safe walking around in the evening. Is a 10 minute autorickshaw ride from Connaught Place.

Autorickshaw drivers have trouble finding it so make sure you take a hotel business card with you.

• Liked — Conveniently located
  • Disliked — Soggy shower mat!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
South East Queensland
Reviewed November 27, 2008

This was the worst hotel experience in my life and I have been to about 60 countries during my travelling time.
There was supposed to be an airport pickup in the deal - that did not happen and neither did I get a refund on my taxi fare to the hotel. Breakfast was supposed to be included and that did not happen either. The room had NO windows, the bed had a bottom sheet and on the top was just a blanket - no top sheet.
I was supposed to stay 2 nights but I took a taxi into town and got a flight out of India for the next day. I was charged double the fee back to the airport than the amount I paid for a taxi to the hotel as well and it was driven by someone connected to the hotel. This hotel was listed on an International Hotel site and I have written to them about my concerns about this place and note that they are no longer on that site and for the sake of other unfortunate travellers like myself I am glad at least for that.

• Liked — There was absolutely nothing to like
  • Disliked — That someone had the temerity to think that people would put up with such a dreadful dump
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ElizabethSEQ

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2008

This was our first stop in India and was organised through the tour company. There was nothing wrong with this hotel, the rooms were clean, the staff were friendly and honest, and the location was quiet at night.

I left all of my valuables, which amounted to a few thousand dollars US, in the care of the front desk. I was a bit worried when they didn't give me any receipt but shoved it in a locked draw. No problems when I got it back as everything was still there.

It was only about 50m away from the main shopping street and if you need a landmark then "Punjabi Sweets", a very busy street side eatery, is in the same lane.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cost of bottled water!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Hotel Sri Nanak Continental
#637 of 715 in New Delhi
Hotel SPB 87
#516 of 715 in New Delhi

Been to Hotel Apra Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Apra Inn

Property: Hotel Apra Inn
Address: Wea 15a/61 Roopak Stores Lane | Ajmal Khan Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India (Formerly Hotel Dream Inn)
Location: India > National Capital Territory of Delhi > New Delhi > Biden Pura
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant
Ranked #371 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Apra Inn 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Apra Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Apra New Delhi