“An absolute gem of a small family run hotel in the heart of Delhi”
Review of Hotel Bright

Hotel Bright
Ranked #111 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Dont be put off by the approach to this little gem of a hotel in Connaught Circus...Up aflight of stairs and through a couple of strange empty rooms lies a newly renovate little family run establishment with better room fittings and facilities than much more expensive hotels with more stars. It has a number of very clean rooms but no dining room..breakfast is brought to you in your room and you eat out the rest of the time..not an issue when in the heart of Dehli. Very comortable newly refurbished rooms with bathrooms ( shower only) fitted to a high standard. Nice toiletries too. Great AC and flat screen TVs with hundreds of channels.

The owner and staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. This is a real find for me having stayed in many of the most expensive hotels in town for work I would have no hestitation in staying here when I am paying for my own trip. Highly recommeded.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We travelled for a long time, our taxi driver found it hard to find, as is a very secret jewell. The staff is polite and very service orientated. The guard at the front was so sweet, at reception they were so ever accomodating to our needs. The breakfast was good. The bed was incredible, the badroom very modern and big. I loved the air conditioning, the location is excellent. Clean, clean, clean, I highly recommend it! I will be back! We hadn't schedule one extra night, & the staff went out of their way to fit us in. India can be rough, but I felt this hotel was heaven for us.

Room Tip: Clean, bright, all the modern comfortable, excellent, air conditioned, lovely bathroom, service tops
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2011

A newly refurbished property. Less rooms which ensures excellent service. In room tea/coffee. Location is excellent, Connaught place. Heart of delhi, lively and very convenient. Connaught place houses all the brands for shopping enthusiast, varied restraunts and bars for relishing excellent food, bookstores for the intellectuals and ATMs for most of the famous banks so that yuo are not held anywhere.

The hotel has a good connectivity. 5 minute to the metro station, 10 minutes to the new delhi railway station. The amenities provided in the hotel are ample. Satellite TV with LCD screens rather than old bulky boxes, STD/ISD phone, clean bed and turning services, haird dryer, tea coffee maker, toiletries, hot/cold running water, wake up call etc. Airport transfers and internet is available on extra charge at reasonable prices.
Food is excellent. Good menu selection and hygenic food.

All in all, the hotel is a good home away from home. In the heart of bustling delhi city, this hotel offers comfort and peace.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were really disappointed by Hotel Bright. Here's why... First, we were collected from the airport by a tiny, very shabby car with no seat belts. Secondly, the entrance to Hotel Bright is appalling. Others have commented on this, and I would say it is reason enough not to stay here. After climbing a dingy stair case, guests must pass through an open room (photos included in this review) where people seem to lay around all day in various states of squalor. It's grim and feels unsafe. The 'lobby' of Hotel Bright is clean, but the hotel is very small, and lacking in much needed facilities, like a restaurant or bar (room service is available, but not for alcohol). Our room was a few feet away from the check-in desk and had one frosted window... which opened onto the kitchen (or staff room, I never worked out what it was). Other than that, no window! To me, that's not acceptable for a hotel of this price/ambition. The room is tiny and though done up nicely, and clean, its nothing special and the walls are so thin, I could hear our next door neighbour every time he opened his warddrobe. We had no hot water (it was luke warm) for the three nights we were there, and were quite shocked this couldn't be sorted out in that time. As we were so close to where the food was being prepared, I was woken up each morning by a terrible smell of grease, and in the evenings, we were plagued by the smell of onions and garlic. Actually, having smells infiltrating your sleeping place is pretty distressing. We ordered room service one night. The menu is extensive but both my partner and I found our dishes to be pretty much inedible. I had a Thai Red Curry that, by generous interpretation, couldn't really be called a Thai Red Curry (my partner had the same experience with a vegetable au gratin). It was basically a bowl of brown oil with some Indian flavourings. I just think if you can't cook it, don't put it on the menu. Staff were courteous and I got the sense that they really wanted us to enjoy our stay, but there are too many bad things about this hotel that can't be changed by good service or fancy ambitions... such as the the total lack of infrastructure within the hotel and the appalling entranceway. I'd like to warn people not to be fooled by the pretty wall paper in the photos on this site (as I was) as I think you can do better for your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Perhaps there are rooms with windows... I'd ask for one, as it couldn't get any worse than o...
Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CharlotteBCLondon
Reviewed August 6, 2011

1. Location: In city centre, witch convenient access to Connaught Place, Jantar Mantar, and Jama Masjid
2. Staff: Helpful, courteous. Speaks English very competently.
3. Rooms: Smallish, but well provided for. Complimentary water and drinks as well as LCD television come with satellite channels and wireless high speed internet access
4. Breakfast: Great food, with a good rotation of choices, beyond the basic staples.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

It was a great stay at Hotel Bright in the heart of New Delhi. Lovely new rooms well furnished was great value for money.Service was great and staff were great helpful in getting information about places to visit in Delhi. I would recommend this lovely hotel for stay while in New Delhi mainly due to its newly refurbished rooms and is in close proximity to every thing in New Delhi as it is located in best Cannaught place location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This hotel is really really comfortable, clean and cozy. The location is great. The service is outstanding. I came to know the hotel has been recently revamped and is taken care by the new management now.No wonders,the staff is very helpful and eager to take care of all your needs. The Lido restaurant has tasty food . If you are looking for a hotel in cannaught place in new delhi, this is definitely a great find. I would stay there every time I go in that area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family