“Very bad in Monsoons”

Ranked #384 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Very bad in Monsoons”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I had an horrible experience with this Hotel during my last trip to Delhi when it was raining. I reached the Hotel at 7pm &to my shock I found water flowing down the staircase from the 2nd floor down to ground floor. All coridors were flooded & so was my room. I had to get the same changed & in the new room (which was stuffy) the windows would not open. Due to short circuit there was no elect / power in the kitchen so no food was available. Overall a very poor experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
bridlington
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Arrived back in New Dehi with my wife after long very tiring train journey. I asked receptionist for change to pay rickshaw driver as I had only 500 rupee note.He gave enough to pay driver and said he would give me rest later. We had not had chance to visit an ATM and I had 1000 ruppes left and my wife had 5000. She handed me 3500 and I added my 1000 to pay the 4250 rupee bill. The receptionist distracted me by saying My wife looked sick and naturally I looked at her. He then said I had only given him 4000 rupees and wanted another 250 rupees from the change he already owed me.Obviously a very practiced technique and there was nothing I could do to prove he had palmed a 500 note.There is no alleged about this,we both knew exactly how much cash we had. It was late and we did not wish to load our bags back onto the auto rickshaw and set off into the night., so I waited until the next day to confront the receptionist,who having previously speaking good english,said he could not understand. No matter how tired or distracted you are when arriving, keep all your wits about you here. Bed was good but shower tray did not drain. Would have given much moore positive review if receptionist had not been a thief.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ecadventurer

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Hi, The hotel is very conviniently located at the middle circle on CP. The rooms are clean & the beds are soft & comfortable. There are 2 issues (1) The rooms are very small (2) One has to climb 2-3 flights of stairs to reach the room as its spread over 3 floors with no lift. Insist for discount & upto 20% of the tariff will be waived.

• Liked — Bads are soft & great!
  • Disliked — Climbing 3 floors to reach my room!!
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Stayed at one other hotel in the same area, in comparison, this seemed more deserving of the "mid-range" or 2-3 star designation. The hallways were clean, well lit; well decorated. The rooms were larger than the other hotel; the bathroom was cleaner and larger---the bathing area had a little wall around it so the floor did not get wet, unlike many Indian bathrooms. The beds were clean and comfy. Internet access was pricey but available. The cost was higher, but as our last night in India, we desperately needed a nice clean send-off and it was. We were two women travelling and were treated well.

Our friends stayed previously, and they had a nice time as well.

• Liked — Location, was well lit, clean
  • Disliked — Cost
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2008

Very overpriced. Rooms are ok but no great shakes. For Rs3700 (don't forget extra taxes!), it's 50 pounds and you'd get better in London.
Staff are not helpful and are just trying to sell you services.
A chap is introduced to you as the travel desk. He says he can give free maps, free travel advice and 15mins free of internet service. Then he takes you on a 5 min walk to a travel agent that just trys to sell you tours!
Return to hotel and ask for a bank and they say they will do the changing for you. Ask for a taxi stand and they say they will get you a taxi. All you want is some honesty but all they want is your money.
Avoid.

• Disliked — Dishonesty
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank worldpicture
USA
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Our room was clean and comfortable. Seemed overpriced, but this was the only hotel we stayed at in Delhi so difficult to make a comparison. We were referred to a travel agency by the hotel, Perfect Holiday Travels, that was full of touts. Do not trust this hotel with any of your travel arrangements, or this travel agency.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — affiliation with touts
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blue_cityUsa
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed February 28, 2008

I paid about $80 for one night here (the Connaught location) in November. I was able to check in early in the morning and was shown a room and told I could choose another if I wasn't happy with it. It looked fine to me, so I took it and got settled in.

I didn't find the room itself to be dirty at all. It was comfortable enough, and the television worked. There was a window, but it was impossible to lift up the heavy curtains to actually look outside.

The bathroom was another story. It was dirty and falling apart like I expected bathrooms in India to be (this was the first time it actually happened in a hotel though). You could tell that if you removed the mirror from the wall, you'd have a big gaping hole and be looking out onto the street. In the middle of a shower, I ran out of water completely.

I had a tour picking me up at 5 a.m., and the front desk did actually call to inform me the car had arrived.

Service was somewhat rude when I checked in and downright awful when I checked out. I informed the bellman I'd need a taxi, and he told me he would call. Apparently this never happened, and I came close to missing my flight because of it. I was waiting around for awhile until I finally asked the front desk who informed me no one had been called, and it would be about a 30 minute wait. Lucky for me, the taxi showed up right away, and I was able to escape this place in a hurry.

If you really don't care what kind of place you're staying in, Jukaso is fine. It's not awful, but I paid about half the price for other hotels in India that were far nicer with better service than this one. However, considering the high prices in Delhi, it's probably not possible to do better for the money. It won't kill you to stay here, but you won't be yearning to go back anytime soon.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bathrooms
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo