Centaur Hotel, IGI Airport
$131
$125
$88
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$298
$227
Excellent 5/5
$110
$82
$80
$50
  • Pool
Hotel Hari Piorko(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
$27
$21
  • Restaurant
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
$207
$185
Great 4.5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2007

Well, if you want a budget hotel in India for the price of a 4 star hotel than this is the place. It is probably better to stay in the main bazzar and donate the difference as this will make you feel better than staying in the hotel.

The whole place is decaying. The only wonder was how did they make it look so good on the Internet as in reality it looks horrible and the smell is even worse.

Water dripping out of the bulb holes, stained walls, we actually found out that the smell outside was superior to the smell inside the room.

Bottom line - stay away

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank BusyBizTraveler
Reviewed February 25, 2007

Just come back from staying at the Centaur. We had no choice but to stay at this so called Five Star hotel as all the hotels in New Delhi were booked up. We stayed 3 nights!! The room was cleaned everyday however very much in need of renovating. The bathroom was worse for ware, the wiring was all hanging out, breakfast rubbish. All the staff pleasant enough but thats only cause they want a tip. I dont think most of them realise that you have only chose to stay there cause there is no choice!! I recomend that if visiting Delhi then book in advance dont leave it to last minute like i did!!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeicesterTraveller
Reviewed January 13, 2007

We were put in this airport hotel for part of a day by the airline because our Air India flight was delayed by 14 hours. This has to be one of the worst hotels we have ever experienced! We would never ever choose to stay here. From the carpets to the walls to the bathroom, everything was dirty. The room smelled so badly we had to buy some incense to take back in to mask the odours. Even though we were only there for a few hours it was a few hours too long. We cant imagine anyone actually choosing to sleep here. The crowning moment was when a large cockroach crawled across the television (see uploaded photos). Avoid this hotel at all costs!!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AyersAbroad
Reviewed December 2, 2006

I have spent 2 nights in this hotel. I do mot know how it heve received 5 stars. This hotel was raised in 1970s. And my feeling is that since that time it was not renovated. Some examples: the showers did not work. We have found some pests. Most of the lifts broken. Water stain at the ceil.
Breakfast was strange. It was first time in my life that 5star hotel has got limited breakfast. Only beer was ok. However I took it to the room. Hotel is outside the city, next to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank pepe72
Reviewed November 6, 2006

Good lord, I traveled all over the word so far and you can believe me that I saw a lot of bad hotels. But what I saw here was just breathtaking. If there is a place on earth you can call hell then it is the centaur airport hotel New Delhi.
I arrived at 3am in Delhi and was happy to have a hotel very close by the airport since I had the first meeting at 10am. I was already feeling a bit uncomfortable when I saw the 2 guys from the hotel who picked me up.
When I saw the room I was just speechless and was not able to react (remember it was 3am). After inspecting the whole room and making some pictures of it (otherwise nobody will believe you / seeing is believing) I decided that I have to move out here as fast as possible. Everything was totally filthy, there where bugs all over the place and the smell was unbelievable.
I took a short nap for which I did not even bother to change my clothes. At 6am I started to make some phone calls and at 7am I was on the way to the Trident Hilton Hotel. I literally went from hell to heaven. The Trident Hilton was one of the best hotels I ever stayed and I stood first of all around an hour under the shower.

Stayed: September 2006