“Wouldn't stay here if they paid me to”

and 1 more site!
Centaur Hotel, IGI Airport
Ranked #696 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Got sent here by Air India after my flight from Delhi to Frankfurt left without me. Reason being there were VIPs on the aircraft and they couldn't delay the aircraft. My connecting flight from Chennai was late and I had only 30 mins to transit. Anyways, coming back to the hotel. I have no idea what it is but there is a wierd stench all over the place. Carpets are dirty, Bathroom fittings are rusty. One word to sum it all FILTHY!!! I have no idea how this place could even come close to being called 5 star. Elevators are outdated and faulty, creaky, stinky. I was scared to even eat here because I thought I would fall sick. Am glad I got another flight within 7 hours and could leave. I didn't even unpack my bags. Spent all my time in the lobby.
The only nice thing I can say is the Wireless in the lobby is fast and the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank floydanubhav

Reviewed June 8, 2011

I have lived in the Centaur Hotel a couple of times, due to last minute cancellation of some flights.

The food in Centaur is simply excellent. The entire ambience is marvellous. The Room Service is prompt. My early morning Lemon Tea has always been just to my liking. The towels in the rooms are always fresh, and the Bath Gown is just the right one to take care of your body after a refreshing bath. The soaps supplied are of very good quality. The mini fridge in the room is always stocked with drinks and snacks. The small colour TV in the room brings you many stations . The curtains and bed covers match with each other with a soft pleasing colour.

4  Thank rajusap2004
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I stayed in this hotel during one of my transit visit in Delhi due to its location with international airport.Hotel offered complimentary breakfast but you have very limited option on menu its not buffet. Hotel rooms are not that great and its better to avoid this if you have option at some other place..

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank vipul6789
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The hotel was not very clean and was under construction. The staff is friendly but there is only so much they could do with the hardware that is available.

The air conditioner was noisy and the bathroom was not very attractive. Overall, the hotel is very average.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Horasaab
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I only stayed here because I was transiting through Delhi and missed a connection. I did not know anything about hotels near IGI and went to Centaur on the recommendation of an airport staff. This is NOT a five star hotel. The prices are, but not the hotel itself. It is dingy, and has this depressing quality which is hard to shake off once you are there. Plus, a five star, well even a four or three star hotel has reliable wireless internet in their rooms! You cannot charge five star prices and then say that only the lobby has wifi! Plus, this hotel needs renovation *badly.*

Airport drop-off was convenient, but it is only on the hour. Food was okay, service was terrible. Complained about TV not working in room and no one showed up even after a half hour. Ugh! Stay elsewhere if you can. I have the feeling that the only reason this hotel gets business is on account of unsuspecting travelers like I was, or because Air India has a deal with them like others mentioned in their reviews.

1  Thank atims_r
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I stayed in this hotel as transit passenger on my way back and the hotel is convenient in just walking distance from airport. The hotel in just in (inside the campus we can say) the new terminal itself and very convenient for transit passengers.

The hotel staff are good and very helpful. They also arrange sight seeing tours. The rooms are not so expected and spacious but convenient. It is worth for the cost hotel.

Also the hotel is good for peak winter since they have a good climate control system.

2  Thank Marutha
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We ended up staying here because our flight was delayed through Air India. Apparently Air India has a contractual agreement with this hotel. Air India advised it was a 5 star hotel and that it was government approved. I am not sure what scale the 5 star is based on, but it's definately not the same scale by Canadian/USA standards. This place has no security check (like many other hotels in Delhi) and was quite dirty. The sheets were different on the 2 beds we had and the toilet and shower tub had stains. There were ashtrays all over the room. We know of at least 2 people who got sick consuming food or water from the hotel. Watch out as they refill their water bottles. Also, they gave access to our room to another customer who argued with us and attempted to come into our room in the middle of the night. Then they proceeded to lock us out of our room, we went downstairs and advised as such and they gave us immediate access to our room without checking any ID. Security is obviously not a priority here. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple