“Good for Business Stay”
Review of Shervani New Delhi

Shervani New Delhi
Ranked #180 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed in Shervani for 4 days as a part of my Business Trip in Delhi. The hotel is quite good with spacious rooms and is quite closer to the business area. The only draw back of this place is the food. The resturant prices is overpriced else its good.

Room Tip: Ask for Club rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pramodvenkat
Shervani H, General Manager at Shervani New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued.
We really appreciate your comments and we always try to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were in Delhi for the wedding of the son of friends whom we had known when posted to Delhi from 1978-81 with USAID. We wanted to be in Sunder Nagar and got placed in a different and unacceptable hotel. We learned about the Shervani and were delighted to be able to move there for the wedding weekend. Staff were delightful and helpful, they upgraded us to a suite, the breakfast was varied and copious, the price was very reasonable, and the neighborhood was quiet and safe for jogging for a female. We were very happy! We would definitely return. We give it the highest rating and strongly recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window, either over the garden or over the street which borders a green park.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Small boutique style hotel in a peaceful residential area of South Delhi, which is still close to some of the major sights in Delhi (Humayun tomb, Lodhi Gardens, Purana Qila). the rooms are spotlessly clean, with good airconditioning and all the modern commodities one could wish for. the staff is very helpful, breakfast is good and the restaurant is also nice for dining at night. I'd recommend it to anyone, both for business and sightseeing trips, especially since you get all the comfort of an international chain hotel, but without the high prices. I thought it excellent value for money.

Room Tip: I had a premium room, but some of my friends had standard rooms. The latter are fine, although not a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Female_traveller2013

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Came to Delhi for the first time and stayed at Shervani New Delhi after recommendation from my friends who had stayed there as well during their visit.
Service was pretty great and they were pretty prompt when it came to laundry and room service

The rooms were very clean and cozy. The bed was so comfortable, after a long day I would look forward to a good nights sleep. The hotel is located in a peaceful area as well.

The hotel is very centrally located and is very safe with 24 hr security. Breakfast is served in their cafe and while the cafe is small, the breakfast was surprisingly good!

No swimming pool or gym but this hotel definitely gives you what it promises and that is value for money

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank adam24726

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Recommended for people who look to stay in the best location in delhi with affordable prices. Very well made rooms and value for money guest house. This place offers good service at reasonable prices. Very close to all main attractions of delhi and main markets of delhi. Located in sunder nagar, very porsche colony with a good market for antiques. close to other markets like khan market, south ex, def col etc. The hotels location is very peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I happened to be in Delhi for a two week period and totally by chance I ended up at the Shervani. I was looking for a moderate -priced hotel where I knew I would be confined for a good period of each day, so it had to have decent rooms, public space and food. And, not being a spice-eater, I was even more picky about the food.

It was a great choice and I wish I could say I planned it that way. It's just that after looking at six other hotels in the same price range ($3500 - $4500) it was far superior to the others. The staff is pleasant, funny, personable and they do their jobs well. The chef surprisingly cooked great Italian pasta, and I found out that he had served as a chef on a cruise ship, so I knew he knew a wide variety of non-Indian dishes....thank god I was liberated. ....

Turns out I ordered the same pasta with garlic and olive oil sprinkled with olives and chicken every night. One night I added a salad, and the funny waiter laughed, and said "So, you're having a party," in the driest voice. I cracked up. He knew me, which I was accustomed to being invisible in most other hotels.

The one reason I did not give them a 5 was because outside the front desk, few of the staff could communicate in English, which made communicating with room service, mini bar police, waiters, bellboy, security, etc. more stressful.

And, for those who appreciate little touches, my room had superbly designed lighting, with task pin lights and adjustable lighting next to the bed. Also the shower had an automatic shutter button so you could open the shutters to bring in the light. If you are on the shy side, try and locate the button early....one night by accident, yes, you guessed it...I pushed the shutter button instead of the light and a view was had by all.

Anyway, I highly recommend the Shervani. Oh, and they serve a killer special tea with jasmine, mint, ginger and one other ingredient I cannot recall....I make it at home all the time.

Thank you guys for a great stay.

Room Tip: Choose the third floor if you plan to use the pool - short hop in a bathing suit.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent and genuine service
Overall great. First visit to India and I had my doubts about a lot
of things. The hotel was nice and clean. Close to Station with Innova
pickup waiting for us at baggage claim. Rooms were a quite big, but
very cleans and comfy. Best showers ever!!! Rainfall shower with good
pressure. Fully stocked fridge in room with drinks included.
Internet WIFI Service was superb
Overall service was A+, go out of the way to please. Food was good at
the buffet. Food was a bit pricey, but felt safe eating here and no
issues for me during my stay.
Worth the price for sure! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family