Shervani New Delhi
Eros Hotel(New Delhi)
$140
$105
  • Pool
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$296
$222
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hari Piorko(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
$27
$21
  • Restaurant
$67
$54
Agoda.com
All reviewssunder nagarupper middle classresidential colonyhygiene standardskhan marketroom serviceother hotelsservice qualitylcd tvboutique hotelshort staydecent hotelclean hotelbreakfast spreadcentral locationcourteous staffdelhi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Good location, within the peaceful upmarket Sunder Nagar market. Very friendly staff but not the most efficient. Breakfast fare is very forgettable and disappointing that they cant even cook eggs properly. Rooms are small, bathroom a bit tatty, "hi-tech" lights dont work, flat screen TV on the wall is too small and should be moved to a position closer to the bed. Twice, a staff knocked on our door to clean our room, despite putting the "Do not disturb" button on --- then we noticed that the bulb on the DND sign was not working. Our kettle was also not working and had to ask the staff to replace it. I would say that Housekeeping staff werent checking the room facilities properly and would only do something about it when guests complain. Twice as well, the fire alarm rang in the middle of the night --- no apologies or explanation given by management. Walls are very thin and it's difficult to get a good night's sleep when you can hear people talking in the corridors, people opening and closing their doors, and even the phones ringing/alarm clocks going off in the other rooms!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boop2008
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel in July 2010. I was satisfied with peaceful location and good room. The price was little high but the staffs made little low and I stayed here. It was also because at 3 O'clock night you don't want to make big search. I was asked Rs. 600 per day for Wi-Fi internet that was very expensive as most hotels give it free.

But 1 thing made me scared was that in my absense someone went in my room and made many calls from the telephone. Fortunately it was local calls but think if it was International calls then I had no way. I have all the time an Indian mobile so no chance to make calls from hotel. I got angry but more disappointing was that the front desk compelled me to pay the whole bill.

Finally I was able to prove that during the time of calls I was not present in hotels as the room service takes note of going and coming people. Still no pardon no apology. It was much arrogant and of course not safe. So keep a thick pocket for such incidents. I will never go again.

Room Tip: Better don't take risk.
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DPEuro
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This is my second stay in Hotel Shervani, New Delhi. I am satisfied with the quality of their club room and the attentive & pleasant staffs of Hotel. I have not seen General Manager of a Hotel come for the whole time attention of guests, the way Shervani does. I am overwhelmed.. Good bye to branded hotels... I started preferring boutique hotels like this. However the drawback of this hotel is that wi-fi is chargeable. It should have been complimentary..

Reviewed March 20, 2011

I stayed at the Shervani for 4 nights along with 5 colleagues. It's best to say that the service was non existent. Mineral water in the room is only for first day of check in. All the rooms had overcharging on the mini bar. I asked to speak to the hotel manager but he was too busy to call back. The breakfast was the worst. No choice at all and stale breads. The staff are very sweet to foreigners but ignore the Indian guests. This was my second stay but will never recommend or will stay here again.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

This hotel is located in Posh locality of Sunder Nagar, a residential area. Hence a quiet place. However Sunder Nagar Market is 0.5 KM, where you have some very good restaurants.
The rooms are spacious and the lighting arrangement in the room is very impressive. However, they do not offer any room service. The complimentary breakfast though good in quality offers very less in variety.
The staff is courteous but I felt it to be a little expensive compared to facilities that they provide.