“North India Highlights Imaginative traveller”
Review of Hotel Perfect

Hotel Perfect
Ranked #291 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed February 11, 2012

It has been a real disappointment, it was the beggining of our trip and the conditions that this hotel is in are really poor, less than basic, mostly the neighborhood its scary and frightening, though some of the hotels started to be a little bit better that is the concept of the cheap company IMAGINATIVE TRAVELLER, thats something that you have to have in consideration if you want to travel with them.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank vcn977

Reviewed January 21, 2012

What a disgusting dump - avoid at all costs.
Dirty, damp, mouldy, dingy, horrendous place with vermin droppings and cockroaches in room.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie D
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Quite a basic hotel but not too bad by Indian standards. Our room had no window so we awoke at 7:30am to complete blackness. It was strange but at least we slept ok and the lack of ventilation might have made the room musty but at least it kept the stench of Delhi outside.

The bathroom was functional and room service was good. Breakfast was pretty ordinary.

Not bad if you're looking for a budget hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Hotel Perfect was my first hotel accommodation in India. I had no idea what to expect. The service and staff were extremely friendly and assisted in any way they could. The room was quiet, had TV, but the towels and bedlinen didn't "look" particularly clean but were (I grew to learn that this is sometimes the standard of linen in basic hotels in India). I did find a few bugs crawling on the floors but that didnt stop me from enjoying a good nights' sleep. Located in the busy Karol-Bagh area, I enjoyed this hotel's location. Breakfast is available in the hotel however I chose to sample street vendor delights. I stayed here for 2 nights.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank SydneyMermaid
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I'm writing this at the end of a trip around India, just to try and separate hotel experience from the general culture shock... Karol-Bagh is hectic and potentially intimidating on first sight, but I found the hotel to be ina reasonable area- close to metro (which is very good and also has women-only carriages if you travelling alone like I was), also near shops, ATMs etc. Had free internet in the basement.

Main disappointments were: decor- very aged indeed- panels were falling off my wall which didnt look very attractive. Bathroom was ancient with quite a few stains/tatty areas. Aircon was really noisey, but so was the street outside, so it was a toss-up which I wanted to listen too. Shame was lack of communal area as I was meeting with a group there was really no-where to 'hang out'. I recommend 'Just a Coffee' which is just down the road.

All said, with the ear plugs in I had a good nights sleep, found the hotel safe and convenient, although on the return leg to Delhi I stayed just round the corner at the Rockwell Plaza which had the same location benefits but is much more modern and more 'European Basic Hotel' in style, which I preferred.

Room Tip: A friend had one with no window, so likely should check that!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel was arranged for us by the semi-guided tour we paid good money for. Everything at this hotel seem at least 20 years old. Air-conditioner very loud but it was probably good for drowning out the busy street noise. Cleanliness is not a strong point at this hotel either. There was a bunch of bug eggs on the pillow. Too horrified I forgot to take a photo of it! This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed. Do NOT recommend it at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We were treated like family at Hotel Perfect because we were recommended by family friends of the owner. Our original room was swapped for what we were told was the best room in the building, and it didn't disappoint. Considering that it was our first hotel in India, it was relatively clean and affordable.

Karol Bagh, however, can be unnervingly unsettling if it's your first destination. Note to the savvy traveler: scope out the area before booking. There is a great market about 10 minutes away, but there isn't much in the way of restaurants, aside from a couple that are personal favorites of the owner.

The room was loud (it's on a busy street) but we only stayed for a day and a half before moving on to our next destination.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple