“Smart, well located and very comfortable home stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Haveli Hauz Khas

and 1 more site!
Haveli Hauz Khas
Ranked #9 of 1,053 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
“Smart, well located and very comfortable home stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Amarya Haveli homestay was neat, clean and very comfortable, located near the airport in a quiet, classy neighbourhood very close to Hauz Khas village that my wife and I visited, with its many attractive "designer" shops and eateries, along with its historic site. Walking around the area was very pleasant and totally safe. We had expected the haveli to look more Indian. The service was friendly and very good. Food was average and relatively quite expensive. There was a very pleasant lounge area with excellent reading material. TV and free wi-fi were appreciated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Amarya Haveli was the most beautiful and magical place ive stayed at in Delhi.
The service of the staff is exceptional - they are so willing to help and offer advice and support no matter the request. Their coffee is totally delicious and their head chef is an absolute star creating the most wonderful and unique meals served on the roof top terrace. I LOVE the place and look forward to visiting again. My only comment would be to ask for a room upstairs as if you need rest, as the downstairs rooms can get a little noisy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Northwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Visited this Havelli twice during the month of February 2013. It was the perfect place to chill out on arriving and leaving New Delhi. Great Food and very friendly staff . All the rooms are different and quite quirky especially the BOLLYWOOD Room. Keep up the good work and thanks for a lovely stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Amarya Havelli and would recommend this hidden treasure to everyone. The decor is lovely, the food is really good and more than that, the staff are so kind and helpful and friendly.
Lyn and Pujol, Andrew and of course Chandra the chef, all took wonderful care of their guests. I was welcomed into the kitchen, (loved seeing the all the spices) tended to with a cold beer out on the terrace and spoilt by the attentiveness of all staff. A friend even arranged for fresh flowers to be delivered to my room, and instead of paying huge delivery charges, the Havelli purchased the flowers and had them ready for me all for under $10!!!
I can't wait to go back to Delhi, to this quiet, lovely oasis.

Room Tip: The rooms are all spacious, I stayed in the orange room and the fuschia pink room and both had so mu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

for the last five year and each year I go to Delhi and will always stay at the Amayara Haveli .
Love the place , love the atmosphere the accommodations and the staff can't be nicer. It is a pleasure to go back again and again at the same spot you feel it is your home , you feel the staff are your friends . Also the location is the most quiet what is a plus in busy Delhi.

Room Tip: any rooms are fine , they only have 7 accommodations and each with a different decor and feeling
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed for a couple of days at the Amarya from 13-15 January 2013, on my return from Kolkata, where I had been for a school and friends reunion. Delhi was unusually cold, with temperatures dropping down to about 3-4 degrees. Although cold the Amarya was well insulated with lovely duvets, very cosy.

This time I stayed in the Orange room which is called Gujurat, spacious and very comfortable, which is great for me as I always strew all my possessions all over the room.

After having eaten way too much indian food on this trip, I was craving for some non spicy and more european food. So the Amarya fed me exactly what I wanted.
Wonderful Bekti fish, river fish, exquisitely pan fried with lemon and herbs and quick stir fried fresh vegetables. I went into the kitchen (which is one of the aspects of the Amarya which i really love) and spoke to the cook and told him how delicious his food was. He had the biggest smile on his face, which made me feel great. At one of my next meals I requested fish again, and Chandra Singh, the chef came over to my table and asked me how I wanted it cooked, so of course, I said the same as before. I asked him how long he had been at the Amarya, to which he replied seven years but prior to that he had been working at various Far Eastern Embassies, in Delhi, something which he was very proud of and where he said he learnt his culinary skills. He is one of the sweetest and most creative cooks I have met. I always have either his fish or chicken dishes when I stay at the Amarya and ask him to make a dessert and he can whip up a mini chocolate fondue brownie with ice cream in 20 minutes. A brownie which just melts in the mouth. Forget your waistline, just enjoy the chocolate.

The chef is a gem and a real kudos to the Amarya.

Beth Jordan

Room Tip: Each room is themed and my favourite one is the Green Room, although this time I stayed in the Orang...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Weimar, Thüringen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We decided to splash out on our last night in India after three weeks of budget accommodation. I Would recommend that every budget traveller does the same. The treatment from the staff was amongst the very best I have ever encountered all over the world. The room was tastefully unique and immaculately clean. The bed was big and very comfortable, the AC/Heating was just perfect for the cold night keeping us toasty warm, the bathroom soaps, shampoo and conditioner was really high quality and went well together with the big fluffy towels and long bath robes. Clear reception on the TV with English channels and movies. The breakfast was just amazing, with real fresh orange juice and a great fresh fruit salad, cereals, toast, quality coffee, etc etc. The location is quiet and close to Hauz Khas Village which in itself is a really fantastic area. I can't fault this hotel, I just wish I had the money to stay there more often. Treat yourself to at least one night at this top notch, cozy, clean, stylish and sexy hotel!!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends