WINNER WONDERLAND

Treebo Singh Sons
Ranked #419 of 704 Hotels in New Delhi
“Terrible xperience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Unfriendly reception staff, poor house keeping, cold room, filthy bathroom, staff make noise at odd parts of the nights, terrible breakfast, I had to ask my agent to find me another hotel

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank shiro1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

An average hotel with very basic facilities. Very cold in the room. Things not provided: no iron even if you request from housekeeping, no hot water jug in the room, no tea bag/instant coffee powder.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Goa, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

The hotels in Delhi are expensive so it is hard to find a good clean hotel for a modest budget. I had arranged a taxi to pick me up at the airport for my 2:30 am arrival and they were there waiting on me with no issues. Always a plus on international flights.

An Indian tour operator I had used before made the arrangements for me so his standards are not the same as my western expectations. He assured me it would be fine that he had taken several groups there and they loved the property.

I had one the larger corner rooms (a mini suite, I believe) it was very comfortable. The a/c worked well and the king sized bed and comforter were very clean and nice. I was charged in the $60 USD range. I'm sure a higher rate because of the commission structure for the tour operator. The bathroom smelled of urine the first night until they cleaned it again the next morning.

The included breakfast was average at best and limited. I saw several cock roaches running around on the buffet table so it was a big turn-off.

The hotel staff was accomodating to my needs. But one of the tuk tuk drivers the door man recommended kept taking me to tourist shops so he would get a commission on what I purchased. This irritated me but I understand it is common practice! Be aware.

I'm not sure about the safety in the area, but I didn't feel comfortable walking the streets. Probably because it was mid August and the temperature was scorching and when rain fell it quickly flooded the streets.

Be careful ordering a salty lime soda. They use an Indian salt that smells like rotten eggs. I sent it back not knowing! I ordered room service a couple of times during my 5-nights here and it was edible but nothing more.

Wifi was good and fast.

I would probably stay here again if I could not find anything else available in my price range, mainly because of the nice room I had and the kindness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a mini suite corner room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

We were starting our Kumuka, Highlights of India tour at this hotel and was a bit scared as to what we may experience by the past reviews. The staff were very helpful and we were greeted with a smile every time we came into the lobby. India is a different type of place and you certainly don't expect gushyness from the staff.....it's not in their culture, but they were certainly very helpful upon request.
The rooms are of generous size compared with some motel/ hotel rooms I've stayed in Australia and were clean. Yes there is scope for some renovations but this is not a 5 star hotel and everything was in working order in the two rooms we occupied at the start and end of our trip.

The bed linen and towels were clean, actually the bed was one of the most comfortable beds we slept in on the whole trip. The towels are hard but this is India and even when we stayed in the Hilton in Delhi, they were the same....its just the water they wash them in I think.
We did have to phone to turn the hot water on for the first time we used the shower but this only took about 3 minutes to heat and then it was kept on for the rest of our occupancy of the room. In actual fact there were a number of other hotels in India where we had to do this too, so it is not unusual.
The whole room has marbel tiles throughout as does most hotels in India, making it have a clean fresh feel. There was 2 full rolls of toilet paper and a hairdryer and soaps, so the vanity was well equiped.
We ordered room service for dinner as the restaurant/ breakfast room is not very nice.....feels like a dungeon. The room service food was great and very inexpensive in Australian standards.
On our return stay after the tour, we chose not to eat the breakfast in the breakfast room as it was not very nice at all and the food was awful, however order room service of an omlette, toast and tea....this was lovely. It would be suggested not to go out after dark as this is not a safe neighbourhood.
Whilst the Singh Sons wouldnt be my first choice for my next visit to Delhi, it was comfortable enough for one night and whilst we were prepared for the worst, it turned out ok...

Room Tip: If you don't mind not having a window in your room, there are rooms in the centre of the hotel w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brumer
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

The only reason to stay here would be if you really have no money to go anywhere else. The rooms are just terrible! It reminded me of the days I went backpacking in nasty hostels....
Don't even bother with the breakfast.
However, the reception were friendly and helpful in giving restaurant recommendations, the security at the door were also helpful (basically making sure we don't wonder out in the dark as its apparently not a safe area.....) and the room delivery food middle of the night awesome. Still, I would just spend the money to have decent place next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

south africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

a very basic hotel not at all comfortable - although it is a bed and breakfast facility - breakfast is really exceptionally basic.

would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

pricey for what is offered.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

The bedrooms are ok, they are very basic, but reasonably clean. The bathrooms on the other hand did not feel clean and were very average .

A mouse was observed in the breakfast room. Breakfast was basic, but acceptable and quite tasty.

The customer service of the front office staff leave a lot to be desired, in fact, it seemed that the front desk staff had no concept of customer service.

Wi-fi was chargeable and only worked part of the stay.

The area was ok, but there are definitely better areas.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family