Cottage Yes Please
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kelson DX(New Delhi)
Hotel Cabana(New Delhi)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmain bazaartrain stationlate at nightwi firoom servicerooftop restaurantganjnatrajlaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I changed hotels because i couldn't stand where i was (in another accommodation). I wasn't placed at Cottage Yes Please because I booked it short notice and they say it was full, so they placed me in a nearby hotel, probably same management, Cottage Crown Plaza. But for INR 950, I wasn't expecting a room in which you could see much of natural light and no wi-fi in the building, but the room was clean enough.
Also, one of the staff was following me around when I asked about the roof top, he kept saying 'see you later' but I just ignored him. Then, when I was back in my room, he knocked on my door and of course I didn't answer it. He was very unprofessional having this kind of attitude, being staff of that hotel.
Cottage Yes Please is highly recommended by Lonely Planet and by Japanese guides, so I could see why so many Japanese girls were there (but always in two people), so staff are expected to behave more professionally but probably not so much on the sister hotel.

Room Tip: If you're traveling alone, ask to be placed in Cottage Yes Please because they have a reputation to mantain, and not to be placed at Cottage Crown Plaza, mainly if you're female and traveling solo.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel is situated in Pahar Ganj conveniently near the metro station and 20mins walk from New Delhi train station. I got a room at 09AM which was nice, I didnt have to wait until midday and there was no extra charge for early ckini.Although I had booked the room over a month ago saying I wanted a room with a window the room didnt have.I was too tired after night long haul flight to go ask for another room. I dont consider a boxy dark room comfortable at all. LInen were dirty and had holes in them, I asked for a clean sheet and got another dirty holed sheet..tv didnt work and they didnt get it fixed, bathroom was dirty and for several days there was 2cm of water on the bathroom floor as the draining was lousy. Price 950 INR was way too steep for a boxy dirty room like this. Lobby may be nice but rooms need MUCH better maintenance - as usual in India. I wouldnt go back there. If this is top choice by LP then what kind of dumps the other places are...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Arrived here during Devali and the room prices had been doubled. This probably goes some way towards my attitude to the place. The rooms are very dated the A/ C didn't work the fan was inset into the ceiling and therefore useless, I repeatedly had t ask for hot water. But the communal areas were wonderfully clean and the staff helpfull. It has a good location and wifi. The bathroom was pretty clean (for India). To sum up -average room for advertised price of 1000 rupees wouldn't pay more than that again!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The staff here and unhelpful and unfriendly. The rooms are dirty; especially the bathrooms. The water was cold. The location is noisy and wouldn't recommend if its your first time in India, we felt a little unsafe. However the cheap wifi service (100 rupees a day) was helpful as you could use it in your room.

Room Tip: If you must stay he opt for the more expensive rooms, and ask to see a few first.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in this place one night in the 950rs room and it was NOT what we expected for our first place in India, the staff is more buisness center than warm and welcoming, while checking in the reception the guy was with 2 phones writing us and doing all sorts of things while we just stood with blank faces. When trying to shower and use the bucket, ITS IMPOSSIBLE, that bucket is extremely dirty and full of insects, We are staying at hotels for around 400 rs a night with a much muuuuuch better service and cleaner and better rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple